Fragments

Being carried by your husband piggyback style on your way home allowed your thoughts to wander back to the previous events.

Especially how you'd somehow magically healed yourself back from the dead and conjured up some sort of barrier that had been strong enough to withstand the brunt of the Deep-Sea King's attack.

After everything that had happened, you can't help but question yourself now. You questioned what you truly are after discovering a part of you and apparently your lineage that you'd never known until now.

With all that's been revealed, were you still the same (Name) as you were before when there's apparently a whole part of yourself that you were unaware of?

"Saitama? What would you do if you found out that...that you weren't what you thought you were?"

What were you? The Deep-Sea King said 'your kind', so did that mean that you weren't even completely human?

Everything was just so confusing.

"I wouldn't really do anything, because I only found about an unknown part of myself but that doesn't change who I am as a person"

Turning his head so that he was looking at you, the bald male continued, "I mean, if I discovered that I could actually fly all this time it just means that I got another way to be able to help people, right? It doesn't necessarily change who I am inside"

Saitama halted in his steps and looked you straight in the eye and smiled at you with such warmth that you were afraid you looked like a ripe tomato at the moment.

"Just like how you shouldn't worry too much about your powers, because although you have them...you're still the same (Name) I fell in love with all those years ago. Besides, we'll look for answers about your powers together, won't we? And I'm sure Genos would love to learn more about them too once the doctor fixes him up"

Despite how your husband wasn't that gifted with much intellect, there were times when you felt that he was much smarter than he let on with how he's still able to think clearly even with events that would frazzle any normal person.

You were an idiot

Of course, Saitama would say something like that!

Shaking your head, the frown you sported gave way to an overdue smile before you leaned forward and pecked the corner of your hero's lips.

"Yes, Genos would love to learn about my powers too, won't he? If that's the case, we should go home then and fix ourselves up too!"

In a confusing world, people cling to the few fragments of truth that they share.

And that truth is that Saitama loves you no matter what you are, just as you love him no matter what he may be.