3 - Present

(i imagine dan to be really smol in this fic and phil to be the height he is now, so major height difference. also if people are wondering why dan had to be kicked out of town and he couldn't just leave? this will be revealed later, okay i know it's weird just go with it)

It was later in the day and the afternoon sun shone brightly down at the car. My body was excruciatingly sore from driving. For the first time that I can recall in my life, I desperately wanted to stand up walk around.

After some careful deliberation, I finally decided to stop at a rest. When the ticking of the indicator filled the car, Phil immediately sat up in his seat. The last time I peeked over at him, Phil's eyes were closed and his cheek was pressed against the glass. I hadn't noticed him wake up.

Now the left side of Phil's face was redder than the right side and his hair was tussled. The cut on his lip had burst open and given his mouth a red tint. The sight made my heart stutter in my chest.

"Why are we stopping?" Phil asked, with a slight undertone of panic in his voice.

"Many reasons. My legs feel like crap, my back is about to break, my stomach might implode and my throat is dry. Oh, and I need to piss."

Phil glared at me. A drop of blood slid out of the cut on his lip and he flicked it away with his tongue.

"Also, the car needs fuel."

He looked over at the dashboard. "Not really."

"You don't have to wait until the last second to refill the tank. That's how to die," I said, parking the car. "If you're scared of Harvey coming after us, we've got at least a four hour lead. We can stop for food."

"I'm not scared of that shit-head."

"Who is it then? Malone? His gang?" I knew I should stop. I'd already pissed Phil off once today, but I had so many questions. And it was my right to know why he was here in the first place.

"I'm not scared of anyone. I skipped town for my own fucking reasons," Phil answered defiantly. Suddenly, I desperately wanted to punch him in the face. I also wanted to kiss him, but that's irrelevant.

"What about your dad? Are you still scared of him?" As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I knew I had messed up. In all the time I knew him, Phil never willingly talked about his father. Especially now, I was sure it was a sore subject.

His lips curled in distaste and he looked away from me, out the window at the car parked beside us. "No," he said, and immediately I knew it was a lie. When he looked back at me, his beautiful eyes were wide with fear. And for good reason. Phil's father had really put him through a lot of shit. "You go buy us something, I'll wait here."

"No," I replied. I was tired of being his slave. "If you want something you can get it for yourself. You're a grown-up now."

He sighed, looking away again, before turning back towards me and nodding.

I smiled at him, before saying, "Okay, come to the bathroom first, though."

He scowled at me and it might have been my imagination, but his cheeks were slightly redder.

"I don't mean for a blowjob," I said rolling my eyes when I realised why he had reacted that way. "Though if you want one, I'm game. I meant to fix up your cuts. I never got a chance when we stopped for lunch."