two

TWO:

After the small reunion, Callie instructed that the two Torres girls catch up back at the doctors' apartment, which Mia could not resist

After the small reunion, Callie instructed that the two Torres girls catch up back at the doctors' apartment, which Mia could not resist. As Callie stated it, the apartment was going to be a building block in Mia's new life.

To be honest, Mia was quite hesitant about bringing Callie back into her life.

Who knows what will happen to Mia in a week? A couple months? A year? She never planned ot what she was going to do if she ever went through with her plans in leaving Ben, but everything happened so quickly and here she is.

Mia was a Truama Nurse in Portland Oregon for five years, seeing the unthinkable during her time. That's when Ben crossed her path, and all hell broke loose.

Ben Peterson was a Sheriff for the Portland police until he was involved in a shoot out, taking the lives of three of his best friends, and leaving himself critically injured. Spending her time taking care of Ben grew the two close, until Ben was discharged.

Mia was saddened by Ben's departure, because she took a liking in him. He as well, grew a liking in her also. Weeks went by, until Ben came into the E.R. while Mia was working her shift, complaning of a broken heart.

Well, the only way to cure his broken heart was for Mia to agree on a romantic date with the Sheriff.

The first few months of their relationship was pure bliss in Mia's opinion, but things started going downhill when Ben got layed off do to his erratic behavior. Mia laughed it off, thinking Ben was having a bad day. She had faith in Ben that he would pick himself up.

Ben moved in with Mia almost a year of dating. Ben insisted it was a good next step for him, but Mia was not so sure. She gave it a try, and before long, Ben proved his idea was very wrong.

He started drinking out, coming home later than what Mia pleased. The girlfriend would hold her tounge back and not complain, only knowing something negative would come out of them fighting.

Until one day, she let her tounge slip. She screamed, giving Ben a piece of her mind. Ben responded, but with a slap to the cheek.

He begged for forgivness, telling Mia he would never hurt her again and that he didn't know how to control himself. Mia forgave, but never forgot.

It became constant, and Mia slowly believed that she deserved what she was getting due to the fact her big mouth led her no where. Ben started threatning everyone she cared about, including Callie.

With every word and physical contact Ben layed on Mia, she broke. She started packing, placing all her savings in the bottom of her bag incase her alcholic boyfriend noticed. She grabbed ahold of her life again, and the rest is history.

Now she's standing in her cousin's living room, having no idea what to do now.

"Everything okay, Mimi?" Callie asked her cousin, bringing Mia back into reality. Smiling softly, Mia nodded her head.