eight

EIGHT:

"Why did I agree to going out for drinks last night?" The hungover brunette snaps while she walks out of her bedroom the next morning, rubbing her head lightly

Callie chuckles softly, sipping on her coffee. She places the Advil and cup of water on the counter when Mia looks at her, smiling softly. "Thank you."

Mia sits down on the counter, taking the medicine her cousin gave her. She looks up at Callie sighing softly. "Did Mark leave?"

"He left after you passed out again. He wants you to call him." Callie answers, watching as Mia's face falls at the thought of what he heard last night. She lays her head down on the table, groaning.

"Did I mess up my chances with him, Callie? God, I'm such an idiot." Mia snaps at herself, wanting to take everything that happened in her intoxicated state. Callie sighs, leaning against the counter across from the girl.

"You are not in the wrong here, Mimi. Mark wants to be with you, no matter what. So stop beating yourself up about this, it's honestly nothing to worry about." Callie snaps, causing Mia to look up at her cousin with a confused look written on her face.

"There's nothing I should worry about? Are you kidding me?" Mia exclaims, standing up and walking to her bedroom door. Callie rushes over to her, grabbing her arm.

"Okay, you don't get to do that. You don't get to snap at me for trying to freaking help you! He won't leave you because your dumbass ex-boyfriend hurt you, Mia! He freaking loves you!" Callie growls at her best friend, who just stares at her cousin in disbelief.

Mia's heart stopped at that moment. She couldn't believe her ears, no, she didn't want to. Of course, she sees something down the line with Mark. However, is it really still fair to the man she's falling for to drag him into her life?

To drag him into danger?

"I-I got to get to work." The stunned nurse whispers, quickly grabbing her purse and opening the door. Callie looks down at her outfit, raising an eyebrow.

"You wan't to go out with no pants on?"

Mia looks down, sighing. "I don't care anymore." And shuts the door behind her, leaving Callie stunned in place.

***

Just to her lucky, it happens to be pouring rain when Mia crosses the street to Seattle Grace. Her legs are freezing, and hair is corrupted with knots as she steps foot in the hospital. Staff members glance her direction while she mumbles curse words under her breath, wishing she listened to Callie.

The distressed girl walks over to the elevator, quickly pressing the button impatiently. Mia looks down frantically at her crocs, more curse words coming out of her pretty mouth.

"Are you lost?" Alex Karev questions the girl once he approaches her, chuckling under his breath. Mia looks up at him, sending him daggers.

"Shut up, dumbass." She mumbles, crossing her arms in discomfort. They both looked at the elevator door as it opens, Mia silently thanking the lord nobody else was in it.