three

THREE:

Mark Sloan was not a man to believe in love at first sight, let alone love itself

Mark Sloan was not a man to believe in love at first sight, let alone love itself. However, when he first watched a drenched brunette walk into the hospital, he knew he was wrong.

Something different swirled inside of him that he hasn't experienced firsthand. Sure, he was willing to comitte himself to Addison Montgomery.

But there was something completly different when he first met Mia Torres.

He doesn't know what it is, between how beautiful she is on the outside or just how mysterious she is on the inside. Something drew Mark's attention to the girl.

Only having a few conversations with her made Mark want more. He wanted more time with her, even if that means running into her in the hallways of the hospital or the staircase of the apartment building.

Mark Sloan was determined to know more about the brunette that twisted his thoughts and made his heartrate increase rapidly.

Even if that means getting mocked by his best friend.

"You, Mark Sloan, are telling me that you can't get a girl out of your head?" Derek Shepherd mocked his friend, walking down the hospital hallways together.

Mark sipped his coffee, glaring at the darked haired neurosurgeon. "Don't mock my words, Shepherd. I'm being completely honest with you. There's something about this girl that I can't forget about."

"Did you sleep with her and now want a relationship with her?" Derek questioned, pulling out a chart from the nurses station and writing in it quickly.

The plastic surgeon leaned against the desk, shaking his head. "No, I mean sure I've thought about it, but I don't want to rush into anything with her. I want something out this, Derek. I want the whole damn thing."

"You've only had a few conversations with her, Mark. You need time to figure out what you really want." Derek mumbled, putting his pen away and placing his chart back where he grabbed it.

"There's something about Mia, Derek. I-I don't know how to explain it."

Derek turns around, crossing his arms. "Mia? Funny, I just hired a Trauma Nurse named Mia."

"That's her! That's Mia! Mia Torres." Mark explained, placing his hands on Derek's shoulders.

Derek raised his eyebrows, shaking his head. "No, Mia Drake."

"Yes?" Mia answers, quickly walking up to the two men. "I heard my name being called? Do you doctors need something?"

"I thought your last name was Torres?" Mark questioned, crossing his arms around his chest. Mia raised her eyebrows, tucking a straned of hair behind her ear.

"It was. My parents went through a divorce and I took my mother's maden name instead of my father's. I'm not use to it, it was fairly recent when I switched it." Mia mumbles, speaking half the truth. Mia's parents are divorced, but her mother kept her married name.