2. Marco Asensio - Shut Me Out

You sighed as you heard the cheers of the stadium erupt through your T.V. You were currently in Madrid watching your boyfriend, Marco, play in the championships for Spain U21.

Unfortunately, the team had fallen short of a goal, which made you upset, but the look on your boyfriends face was even more heart wrenching.

You pulled out your phone and decided to text him to hopefully cheer him up before he landed back home in a few hours.

from: y/n
to: marco❤️

hi baby, just wanted to let you know you played amazing today. it's not your fault that you guys lost. you've played an amazing tourney and i'm so proud of you. i love you xoxo

That night, you woke up at 3am to go to the airport to get Marco. You turned your playlist on in the car because you knew that Marco wouldn't be very talkative when he came back, especially after losing an important game.

This wasn't the first time you had experienced this side of Marco. Often times he would come home from a game he lost, whether important or not, and wouldn't talk to you for a few hours. Eventually, he would get very touchy and would look for your affection to calm him down.

You got out of the car and put on your hoodie to shield yourself from the paparazzi that were situated out of the airport, awaiting the team's arrival. They tried to ask you questions, the usual "are you pregnant" and "how is Marco", but you walked past them and into the airport where you saw a few of the other girlfriends but walked to Sandra Montoto Dominguez, Denis Suarez's partner.

"Hey girl." She smiled slightly. She had her hood up and sunglasses on, hiding the fact that she too probably just woke up.

"Hey. Have you they landed yet?" You asked.

"Yeah. Denis just texted me that they got off the plane and they're grabbing their suitcases."

"Is he upset?"

"Yeah. They all are. But they'll come back stronger, you know."

"Yeah, I know," you sighed, frustrated, "it's just whenever Marco loses a game he gets kind of upset and frustrated and he doesn't talk to me and then all of the sudden a few hours later he gets really touchy. Sometimes it pisses me off." You explained.

"Denis is just like that," Sandra chuckled, "I've talked to a few other WAGS, and they say the same thing. You just have to give him space." She said, making you nod.

You heard some noise erupt and looked toward the gate as the red and blue clad boys came out, luggages in tact.

You looked for Marco and saw him looking down as he passed some of the paparazzi, and then looking up as he searched for you frantically. You gave a small smile and wave as he walked towards you. However, he didn't say anything as you hugged him and just held him for a few minutes.

You could feel his tears going onto your (his) hoodie, but you didn't mind as you rubbed his back to calm him down.

"Let's go home." You said finally, as he nodded and grabbed his suitcase. He threw it in the back of the Range Rover and got into the passenger seat without saying anything.

"Are you okay?" You asked, glancing at him quickly but returning your eyes to the road. He didn't make a noise so you looked over to see him nodding.

"It's just frustrating." He huffed.

"I know baby. But you played a great game and you had a great tournament. And you only conceded 3 goals all tournament." You said, making Marco roll his eyes.

"Like that's supposed to make me feel better." He scoffed as you pulled into the driveway. He didn't say another word as he got out while your mouth opened slightly. You stormed out, following him to the front door.

"Don't do this again, Marco!" You followed him inside, shutting the door behind you.

"Do what?" He shouted.

"You know what! You lose a game and you shut me out and then come back and you beg for attention! I don't know what you want me to say! I try to help you! I try, okay! It's hard to know what to say, but I try my hardest to make you feel better, Marco. I hate when you're hard on yourself when I know you played your best. But it doesn't help me when you are difficult. I just want to help you, Marco." You turned on your heel, ready to go to your bedroom to go to sleep but Marco grabbed your hand and spun you back around.

"Amor, I'm sorry," he started, "I know you try your hardest to make me feel better, and I know I'm always difficult. It's just hard losing an important game, or any game really when you know that the results could have been different. But in all honesty, without you, I wouldn't be able to get over myself. You provide me some sort of light when my world is dark, when I'm facing a difficult time. You're the one who cheers me up, you cuddle me and tell me sweet nothings until I'm better. All I do is treat you poorly for hours and then expect you to still be there for me after. You shouldn't be here, but you still are. And I'm so, so grateful for that. I love you, bonita."

"I love you too, Marco. I love you even when you're having a bad day. But I want you to be able to talk to me. Tell me how you feel and don't hide your emotions. I'll always be here for you."

"And I'll be here for you, y/n." Marco said, kissing you passionately.

vote, comment, add to library & request (guidelines on page 1!)