three - river

HAVE A GIF

Sigh because I have WAAAY too many gifs of xmen Apocalypse omg

~

"Is it open?" River looked up as Jubilee knocked.

"Yep!" River gathered up the papers she had been scribbling on. She was sitting on her bed, leaning on the wall, with one of her clipboards (gifted from Jean on the last Christmas) trying to write a chapter or story. Jubilee came in with her jacket in her hand. "How was archery?" Jubilee flopped onto her bed.

"Super fun. You should've come! Jean did some new tricks," she said, pulling off her shoes. Jubilee and River had a rule of taking shoes off in their rooms. It was an Asian thing. Jubilee threw her jacket onto her desk, shattering pins and accessories.

"You better pick those up later," River said, putting her clipboard next to her. "And I'll go with you guys next time. I went to go see Raven, then I helped Hank, and then I was trying to write." She counted off her fingers.

"No Alex?" Jubilee pouted. She looked at River sideways.

"Shush," River said and felt herself blush.

"Ooo, so you are meeting him?" Jubilee sat up with a grin.

"No!" She paused. "I mean, yes but you cannot make a big deal about it, got it?" Jubilee bounced up and down on the bed.

"Yay! Wait did he ask?"

"Yeah. He told Hank who told me."

"YAY!"

"Jubi, you're going to disrupt the whole school," River laughed. Jubilee made a face and laid back down again.

"As if! Well, tell him I said hi. If he even remembers me," she said.

"Will do."

River waited anxiously the whole day for after dinner. She spent the rest of the day bored in classes and getting teased by Jean and Jubilee. After their last class, the three walked down to the kitchen. The little kids normally got to go first, and they got their food from the teachers. The older kids got to get food from the kitchen.

River looked over and saw Scott standing against the wall, looking at all the other kids with his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Be right back," she said to the other two girls. She walked over, and he straightened up when he saw her. Is he trying to impress me? She smiled at the thought. "Hey Scott. Are you going to eat or..."

"I actually survive off of air, so I'm good," he said with a smirk.

"That's nice, come on," she waved for him to follow her. "Older kids get to raid the kitchen during dinner."

"Sounds fun."

"Hey guys!" River waved. Jubilee and Jean looked up. Jubilee waved also, and Jean nodded. They were in the kitchen, where some of the other older kids were. After getting food, most of the children went to their rooms, to a parlour, or outside. "Scott Summers, this is my cousin Jubilation Lee."