six - river

Ahh Peter

~

River felt a bit nauseous as the stretcher swung. The soldiers were not very good at handling people. She kept her eyes closed to pretend she was unconscious.

There were a lot of hallways, and the trip was very long. She almost fell asleep but was too scared to. Her adrenaline kicked in as they set her down and pushed her off the stretcher. Jerks. She laid there until she head the other stir. River opened her eyes to see she was in a highly secure chamber with glowing green bars around. The bars buzzed with electricity. River decided not to touch them. She sat up and saw Raven, Hank, Peter, and Moira do the same. She stood up and stretched a bit. Hank was in his beast form, but Raven quickly turned into her human form. River walked over to Hank.

"Hey, you ok?" she asked. He looked at her and adjusted his glasses. The looked small on his furry face.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Uh Stryker? Is that his name? Well, he kinda knocked everyone out at the school but took some of us. I don't know why," River replied.

"Stryker?" Raven's expression looked like a mixture of fury, fear, and nostalgia.

"Hey!" Peter walked over. "I know you! Except you were like this tall." He made a motion by his waist. "River, right?" She nodded with a smile. "You grew up!"

"Yeah. Sorta." I'm still short, she thought with a suppressed smile. "Good job and thanks on saving everyone back at the house," she said gratefully. He tipped his goggles as if he had a top hat, grinning. He was still the same Peter Maximoff - jokester.

"Woah!" Peter said when he saw Hank. "What's wrong with you? Is that going to happen to all of us?!" He looked scared. Hank shook his head.

"No, don't worry. I just left my meds at home," he said. River patted his arm.

"You don't look that bad, buddy," she said with a wink. He smiled slightly. River knew Hank had always been insecure about his outward appearances.

"Why me though..." asked Moira. Before anyone could respond, a man (River recognized him as Stryker) walked up to one of the windows at the top of the chamber. They all looked up as he tapped on a microphone.

"Hey!" Raven said angrily.

"Mystique," he replied back coldly. He narrowed his eyes at River. Don't say anything, don't catch me... Raven cut in before he could say anything.

"Major Stryker," she said.

"This conversation is like ice," River whispered to Peter. He nodded with a grin.

"Like Antarctica," he whispered back. River stifled a laugh.

"It's Colonel Stryker now," he corrected.