twelve - scott

THANK YOU ALL FOR 2K READS IM SCREAMING SO MUCH OMG I HAVE NO WORDS EXCEPT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUU

~

~

"I officially hate training," River mumbled. She rubbed her bruised shoulder. Scott laughed.

"It's not that bad, Riv," he said.

"It is," Jubilee groaned.

The X-Men had been in the Danger Room again, but this time, Hank had upped the Sentinels' ability to adapt. The team had to stop the simulation because almost all of them had gotten injured. The ones who had gotten out with only scratches were Scott, Mystique, and Peter. Which was expected.

"We're just too good for the rest of you," Peter sped over and used Scott's shoulder as an armrest.

"Hey Peter! Scott is MY armrest, excuse me," River said and pushed the older boy's arm off. Peter raised his hands in surrender.

"I'm too tall for you, River," laughed Scott. She made a face. It was true though; Scott was at least a head taller than her.

"It's not your fault that you're short, 'cous," Jubilee smirked. Jubilee was also (just a little) taller than River.

"Hey! Is it 'Make Fun of River's Height Day' or something?!"

"Oo if it is, I'm about to have a lot of fun!" Peter clapped and then ran off. River groaned.

"He's going to call me 'shrimp' all day now."

"Oh why? Did I miss something?" Ororo cut in. Jean walked up and paused. She was reading River's mind.

"It is officially 'Make Fun of River's Height Day,'" she said. "This'll be fun!" River facepalmed.

"Let's all meet in the parlour. We're supposed to discuss codenames right?" Jubilee said, still laughing.

"I got a good one for River!" Kurt said, bamfing in front of them. "The Short One!" There was a burst of laughter.

"Kurt, that was lame. And I hate you all."

~

"Codename ideas! Anyone?" Jean ripped out a piece of lined paper from River's notebook.

"Hey! Don't hurt my notebook!" River grabbed the notebook from Jean and held it tight to her chest. Jean rolled her eyes but telepathically picked up a pen from the table in front of her.

The group was in their signature parlour in their signature spots: Ororo and Kurt on the couch, Jean by the table, Peter and Jubilee on the floor by the couch, and River sitting next to Jubilee with her legs draped over Scott's. All of their school supplies were scattered across the table and floor, homework stuck inside binder and textbooks.