5. "Letters"

Monty's POV:

When Jasper died he handed me a package and told me everything I needed to know was in there. I needed to be very careful with it because it meant so much to him. It was important that I got it right before he died.

And now here I am, back on the ark. So much memories from Jasper came back after visiting this place. I'm just sitting i my room finding the courage to open the package. I just couldn't do it.

I hear knocking on my door and it's it's Harper. "Hey, babe is everything okay. Can I come in?". "I'm fine honey I will come back just go and help the rest" I say to her. I hear her walk away and I finally got the courage to open the package.

When I open it I find 6 letters, 2 for me, 1 for Octavia, 1 for Raven, 1 for Bellamy and 1 for Clarke. I open the letter MONTY 1.0 and begin to read it. I put the rest of the letters in my drawer.

Dear Monty,

Yep you're right this is your death friend. This letter is
about what you need to do with the others. For everyone
I needed to say something to I wrote a letter. You will
Find 6 letters in the package, one you're reading now
And in the other 5 you will find my story. I hope you and
The others will make it safe to the bunker so you can
Deliver all the letters. If someone is not capable of
Getting the letter give it to the person they are the
Closest to.

Much love from heaven (I hope)
Jasper

When I finished reading the I, was kinda happy. He thought his death through, it wasn't some stupid decision. I have only one problem, I can't reach Octavia or Clarke so I need to give them to the person the are the most close with.

For both that is Bellamy, so I need to give both of their letters. I don't know what he needs to do with them, that's his choice.

I'm nervous about what he's going to say. He was my best buddy, what if I disappointed him or he hated me for leaving him. I will always have him with me in my heart, soul and brains. He was the one who made life a little fun and he made earth bearable for me. I knew him since we grew up together he is like a brother to me.

And now I lost him, I lost my better half. He learned me life is not all about surviving, it's about being able to love someone, to have fun in life its about to live life to the fullest.

I'm going to open it I promised it to him. I change my clothing sit on my side of the bed,and put the light on. I take the letter with MONTY 2.0 and I start to read.

Dear Monty 2.0 ;-) ,
Here you go you're personal letter, for my best buddy. I hope you know I'm not mad at you, if it wasn't for you I would be dead a long time ago. This is also a reminder to live your life. I know that you know that there is still weed left in space, and you want to know how i can feel that your in space? I can feel it in my bones. So I made you a "fun" play for on the ark. Young, wild and free - That's what I like - Sucker for pain - Habits - Addicted - Rehab - there you go a couple of good songs to smoke to, and please give Clarke a bit. That girl really needs to loosen up. And yes I forgive her I see the choice she made, I would do the same. But now about you Monty, you were the best thing that happens to me (after weed and monty's moonshine). I Just want to tell you i have amazing memories with you. You made earth a little bit more bearable for me. Maya and I are probably eating chocolate cake in heaven. I wish you good luck with your life and with harper (and damn you two need to be quiet,you are way to loud the whole ark could hear it)

LOVE U BRO
X Jasper

Harpers POV:

I really don't know whats wrong with Monty, since we are on the ark he's acting strange. I think it's about Jasper, I haven't talked to him about it.

I know he has it hard but that's why I'm here for him. I need to talk to Raven about the iPod, i need a romantic playlist. I'm going to give him a very romantic date to distract him from everything.

I ask Murphy to make spaghetti Bolognese with meatballs, because I heard it was supposed to be very romantic.

I searched for a room with a view on earth, because he needed to be reminded that we have more friends there and jasper will always be with him.

I return to our room to find Monty laying on his side in the bed reading a book. "Aren't you hungry babe?" I ask him sweetly " I've prepared something for you, wait a sec I will be putting my Pyjamas on to an than we can go see it" i say cheerfully. "Okay babe, I will be waiting here" Monty says to me.

Before we could walk away I put a blindfold on Monty. We walk for 5 to the special chamber, and my mind can't stop, thinking. Maybe he wants to break up to date Echo or he hates me for not helping Jasper?

My face turns pale as we walk trough the halls, I'm happy Monty has a blindfold on so he can't see my face.

When we arrive in the room in remove monty's blindfold and the iPod plays a romantic song when we enter the room. We sit down and I put my head on Monty's chest as we watch the earth and the stars.

Within 5 minutes we hear a knock on the door and Murphy and Emori come in with our dinner and two candles. They say "in memory of Jasper" and leave the two to eat.

I feel the lump in my throat getting bigger and bigger, and my hands become sweatier and sweatier as I try to catch my breath. "Monty I have to tell you something"

Autors Note: this is the longest chapter yet and I love it. I needed closer with Clarke and Jasper, you need to wait for what is in the other letters. And what does Harper wants to say is she sick because it runs in her family. In the next chapters I will try to write about the bunker. Do you guys want that or only the focus on the space people and Clarke ?
I hope you enjoyed!
Xxx Laura