Chapter 11

Ray's POV:

Who does he think he is? Yes he may be more superior than me but what makes him think that I must obey him? He can suck his rich-guy attitude up and deal with it. I don't obey to people like him.

"Ray!" Chris greeted in joy as he opened up the front door for me even before I can knock.

"Hey dude. How did you know I'm back?"

"Window? Anyway, I made breakfast. Let's eat together shall we?" He invited. Thank goodness. I'm starving. 

"Sure. I haven't eat anything yet."

"Really? Why?"

"I don't have the appetite to eat there. His face irks me." He laughed lightly, his laugh sounding as pleasant as always.  

"Then I don't irk you right?" I stared at him like he's nuts as he scratched his neck. He does that whenever he's nervous.

"If you do, I won't even live with you."

"Haha. I know that. Let's have breakfast shall we?" Nodding, he dragged me by hand to the kitchen counter before placing a plate full of food in front of me and doing the same for himself before sitting opposite me.

"Wow. Your cooking is getting better and better. This looks awesome."

"Really? Thank you." He blushed a little before placing a spoon of scrambled egg into his mouth.

"How did you learn to cook?" I stared at him amazed once I bit into the smoked duck stuffed croissant. The croissant is light and flaky, not too buttery or too dense. The smoked duck is juicy and tender, neither hard or dry.

"I found your recipes a month ago when I was cleaning your room so I've been trying out them out when you were working. I made the croissants and scrambled egg...but not the duck. I tried before and it  ended up like a ball of charcoal instead." He says softly as he played with his food.

"I can teach you how." His eyes lit up immediately as he stared at me excitedly.

"Really?!" He gawked at me with wide eyes like a puppy getting a treat.

"Yes yes. Really." Chuckling at his enthusiasm, I ruffled his hair making him pout at me for messing his hair up before making his hair back into its original position. "Now stop playing with your food and eat it."

"Okay!" He nodded obediently before picking up his stuffed croissant and taking a big mouth. He looks like a chipmunk.

"What are you snickering about?" Am I?

"You look like a chipmunk and don't talk with your mouth full." He opened his mouth to apologise but closed it immediately, chewing his food slowly before swallowing.

"Good boy." I patted his head lightly as he gave me a stink eye.

"I'm not a chipmunk or a dog." He puffed up his cheeks in disagreement whole folding his arm in 'anger'.

"Yeah. You're a puppy. Maybe I should call you that from now on. It suits you."

"W-What?! I'm not a puppy."

"You're cute like a puppy and you act like one." He looked away embarrassed as he bit into his croissant again.

"I love you Ray."

"I love you too puppy."

"Really? You really love me?" He asked me surprised. Why not? Like I can even hate him.

"Yeah. You're my best friend for 20 whole years."

"Oh..." He looked away disappointed?

Chris's POV:

"Are you okay?" Ray asks worriedly upon my silence.

I just confessed to him and he thought that it's just a friend friend type of love. I really love him. I'll show you Ray, how much I really love you. I'll try to be better in all ways to be up to your standard. I'll be the best boyfriend for you.

I believe our friendship can turn into something much more, much closer. I won't lose you. You're the only one who understands me. Please don't leave me.

"I'm fine." He let out a long sigh of relief as he took our plates to wash.

"Thank goodness. You scared me for a moment."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to. Oh ya, there are 10 people who wants to attend your cooking class and are wondering when will you start."

"10?! Really? Wow. That's great! Thank you puppy! You're really great at these stuff."

"N-No p-problem." He just praised me. Ray just praised me. I can't believe this. I felt my cheeks reddening as his words replayed in my head over and over again.

Ray just praised me and I love it. I'm going to improve myself to you Ray. I'll show you that I am worthy to be your boyfriend.

Just give me a chance...please...