Chapter 22

"Hello, Dean."

"Cas?" Sam stood up from his chair, stumbling slightly.

Dean froze. He was mad, he was happy, he was just shocked. He didn't know how long he stared but Sam had hugged Cas.

"Where have you been?" Sam's smile found its way to his lips, he looked down Cas' body to make sure he wasn't injured.

"I was.. dead." He looked to Dean, "I have a theory that it was Jack."

Dean finally found himself standing up and engulfing his best friend in a hug. He tightened his arms almost immediately, Cas slowly hugging him back.

"Okay, okay, alright." Cas said quietly, the moment seeming all too familiar.

"God damnit, Cas. You scared me, don't do that." Dean grumbled, shoving his face in Cas' hair.

"I am very sorry, Dean. I did not mean to scare you." Cas rested his head on Deans shoulder.

"I'm.. just.. gonna go make lunch." Sam shuffled off around the corner, only to pop back around and spy on his brother. "Please be canon, please be canon." He whispered to himself.

"You were gone for a month."

"I know. I woke up in my room." Cas hesitantly released from the hug, Deans hand lingering on his shoulder.

"I missed you."

"I can tell." Cas let a small smile take his lips, "The sadness is practically radiating off of you."

"Fuck it, come here-" Dean grabbed Cas by his hips and pulled him closer again, slowly locking his lips with Cas's.

"Yes!" Sam mouthed and did a small dance before rushing toward the kitchen.

Cas and Dean stayed that way for a minute or two, just relishing in each other's presence, lips locked together.

"I love you, Dean Winchester." Cas found the words tumbling out of his mouth, arms placed lightly around Deans neck.

"I love you too, Castiel." Dean let the words softly escape from his lips.