1

=======

' ...the loud whoosh of her wings flapping sounded in her ears as she flew over the garden; Rosie right beside her the whole time.'

=======

Nellie sat beside Victor on the couch as they watched Horace's dreams play out in front of them on the wall, her fingers played with his as their hands lay on the old materials. The girl had no interest in Horace's dreams, they were almost always about the same thing; clothes. Though, sometimes, they did tell the future, but there was nothing tonight.

'Alright children, time for the reset,' Miss Peregrine's voice cut the silence before she turned the light on.

Victor stood almost immediately, he hated the idea of missing the reset; it was his favourite part of the never ending day. Watching the world move backwards as they stood still was quite fascinating, even Nellie could agree with him on that. She loved it more than looking at the stars with Rosie, and she loved that a lot.

The pair followed Miss Peregrine and the other children outside to where the rain had begun to fall, standing in two lines with their masks in hand awaiting the planes to fly overhead. Soon, they could hear the loud engines approach, Miss Peregrine turned and nodded to them all, silently telling them to put their masks on, which they did obediently.

All except Nellie and Victor, who liked to play a game to see who would go the longest without it; even though they had mastered it and always put it on before reset. The pair were always up to no good, always pulling pranks on the other children; Nellie's wings were very useful when it came to hiding out of sight.

Nellie grinned up at Victor, his own grin being returned as the planes got closer. They watched as the plane with the bomb flew over and as it dropped, the pair raced to get their masks on, another little game of theirs; who could get their mask on the fastest. This was one that would always be fun. As Nellie finished, she looked up to find Victor with his mask on already, causing her to stomp her foot and cross her arms as she pouted inside her mask; he had won. The boy simple chuckled and began tickling her sides when the world around them paused, their eyes connected before they both smiled. Despite, their lips hidden behind their masks, they could see it in each other's eyes. 

Nellie leant into his side, allowing him to place an arm around her shoulders as they watched the world move as they stood still. The rain retreated back up to the sky and the planes flew backwards, the bomb sinking back up into one. The night turned into day, and then back into night once more, resetting the day they relived everyday. The record on the player continued to play as the world stopped, Miss Peregrine turning to them with a small smile.

'Alright, off to bed, the lot of you,' She commanded with a playful tone.

The smaller children ran inside, but not before Bronwyn placed a quick kiss to Victor's cheek; the teens following after them at a much slower pace. Once inside, and after they had brushed their teeth, everyone headed to bed. Nellie said goodnight to Victor before giving him a quick smile and disappearing into her room, where Rosie was already waiting for her on her bed. She smiled widely at her sister's ghost, her wings glowing in the dark room along with the rest of her body.