2

=======

'...she tucked her wings away so that they sat nicely on her back, her gaze set on the two dark brown eyes in front of her.'

=======

Nellie gripped Victor's hand tightly as the blue eyed boy stood and looked over them all, sending her into a state of shock because of how much he looked like Abe when he was younger. She didn't show any emotion towards him though, she kept the shock internal, but she knew the boy beside her knew what was going on. Her gaze was set on the boy when he stood, his face completely confused and excited at the same time.

'You're Emma. And the twins,' He exclaimed; 'And Olive. Bronwyn. He's Millard. You're Victor. And you're Nellie... You are dead. All of you. You're all dead. He is... He is invisible. But he's still dead.'

'None of us are dead,' Millard chastised.

'Oh my God. Am I dead?'

'No,' Emma stated.

'You called me Abe, in the house. Why?'

'You looked like him. Just for a moment. Before you started screaming, running away and concussing yourself.'

'Wait, what's happening?'

'We are waiting until the coast is clear before we go into the loop.'

'You never know who might be watching,' Olive said quietly as she placed a hand on Jake's shoulder.

'Wait, before we... Before we go into what?'

'Please, Jake. Miss Peregrine's waiting. She saw you on the ferry and sent us to get you,' Emma informed him.

Nellie lead the way being the first to disappear into the loop with Victor, who was still holding her hand, following straight after her; the others followed after them silently. The girl was whispering to her friend as they walked, she had made a bet with him that as soon as they made it to the other side the boy would bolt; Victor turning her down, saying he would stay with them.

She was right, of course. The moment they stepped into the daylight, he bolted straight for the pub causing her to rolled her eyes and silently laugh as Emma called out to him. Nellie looked up at her friend, blinking quickly three times before she rubbed her ear; signalling to him that she had won.

Victor knew what Nellie was thinking the moment she removed her jacket to spread her wings, it was time to go; the fun part was over and she wanted no part of chasing after the blue eyed boy. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and in seconds they were off, soaring through the sky without a care in the world.

Within minutes, they were back at the house; Nellie flying them through her bedroom window, throwing Victor on the bed before she landed. The girl smiled when she saw Rosie standing by her door, chuckling to herself as she made a love heart with her hands before she motioned between Victor and her sister. He sat up when he noticed Nellie had stopped laughing at him, noticing she was smiling at the space by the door; Rosie was here.