6

=======

  '...Victor yelled as they fell, begging Nellie to flap her wings but she couldn't...'

=======

Nellie's hand gripped Victor's hand tightly as Barron entered the house with Jake, her eyes didn't leave the man as he moved. She was scared, she didn't think she had been so scared since Rosie died. This man, this monster, was the one that create the Hollows and started this whole mess. Rosie could've been alive if it weren't for him. The girl could feel the children in front of her moving backwards at the sight of the man with the white eyes, unsure of what was going to happen next.

'Children, would you make your way down the stairs please?' Mr. Barron asked with a wicked grin and as Bronwyn moved Nellie placed a hand on her shoulder to keep her in place.

'I give the orders in this house, Mr. Barron!' Miss Peregrine sneered.

'Not today. You should know that Jake has served his purpose. If you value his life I suggest everyone does as they are told. Children!'

Barron tried again but this time none of the children moved as Miss Peregrine shushed the man, 'No one tells my children what to do... Children, come down here, please.'

'Miss Peregrine-'

'I thought I told you to be quiet! Children, for Jake's safety, we are going to do what Mr. Barron asks. He wishes to take me with him to his rendezvous in Blackpool. So for his protection, he would like me to assume bird-form, preferably caged...And he'd like you to make your way into a lockable room, such as the parlor. As he won't relieve Jake if he fears an attack could be mounted upon him once he loses his leverage. Correct, Mr. Barron?'

The man looked completely baffled as he opened and closed his mouth as he tried to find some words to say, but before he could Enoch spoke up; 'You are sacrificing yourself and all of us...for Jake?'

'Mr. Barron travels with a Hollow, Enoch. Once it arrives here, we're all dead.'

The said man grinned evilly as Horace whispered in Enoch's ear, 'Enoch, only Jake can see them. She means he's our only hope.'

Miss Peregrine walked stiffly over to the door of the parlour, her eyes never leaving the children as they started to make their way over her. Claire and Olive were the first to reach the ymbryne, the young girl's hand gripping on Olive's as they passed through the door. Miss Peregrine refused to meet any of the children's eyes as they looked up at her with sadness and fear, a deep sense of dread and regret settling in her stomach.

Nellie was the last in the line, watching as Enoch reached forward and gripped Miss Peregrine's hand before he glared over at Mr Barron and Jake, entering the room soon after allowing Emma and the Twins to hug the woman. Tears sat in Emma's eyes as she gripped onto the woman who had looked after her most of her life, the blonde then scurried into the parlor. Victor quickly placed a kiss to Miss Peregrine's cheek before leaving Nellie to hug her, but as the girl started to pull back the ymbryne pulled her back in.