9

======

  '...wrapping her arms under Victor's armpits; lifting them up into the air with a few quick flaps of her wings...'

======

Nellie squeezed Rosie's hand in anticipation as she waited for their plan to be set into action, she was rather excited and yet scared. The pair watched alongside Victor as Mr Barron was thrown back against a giant target as Emma blew a quick gust of wind at him, Jake firing an arrow shortly after. Victor groaning quietly in annoyance as the arrow landed just beside the evil man's head.

'Hugh, do it now!' Jake yelled as the man and woman who were once sitting, stood and made their way towards the pair.

The soft buzzing of bees sounded from down below as Hugh released them into air, before ducking back down behind the seats. The white eyed pair started to yell as they swiped the air, trying to rid of the insects that flew around them. Their heads snapped from side to side as they took a few steps backwards, before the lady morphed into half a monkey; her legs growing large and furry as a tail appeared out of her jackets. She scrambled up the ladder beside her and up onto a platform, leaving her fellow Hollowgaust to the bees before he jumped into a pool across the room.

'Get them!' Mr Barron yelled.

The woman wrapped her hand around a long rope that hung from the roof, before she swung down to grab the bucket of knives on the ground; swinging up to the other platform straight after. She sneered as she threw a knife towards Hugh, who ducked quickly behind a chair, before she threw one at Jake and Emma; missing them. The pair ran down the steps them as the tried to seek cover behind some seats, two knives lodging themselves in the seats beside them in the aisle.

Nellie shivered at the sound of Mr Barron's voice before she looked at her sister to make sure she was still there beside her as he began to speak, 'You think you can stand in my way? You Jake, content to age and die as if you had not the gift of peculiarity, at all?' The man hitting Enoch as the boy tried to attack him, knocking him unconscious before he continue; 'I am a higher being. I hold a secret to eternal life.'

Rose gasped quietly  she looked at her friend lying with his eyes closed on the ground, her hand covering her mouth to muffle the sound. Nellie squeezed her hand to reassure her that the boy would be ok as Olive appeared behind Mr Barron, excusing herself before she placed a gloveless hand onto his shoulder; setting his jacket on fire. The trio chuckled into their hands as the man began spinning around, trying to get his jacket off before he finally succeeded; hitting the red haired girl with it, sending her to the ground.

'Bronwyn,' Jake called out to the little girl as he fired another arrow at Mr Barron.

'You missed me again, Jake,' The man chuckled; 'I take it accuracy is not your peculiarity.'