chapter 2

Shanaya's POV

When I wanted the time to go slow it went away in blink. Today was my engagement with Karthik! OMG, I was so nervous that in the morning when Amma came to wake me up I had a break down. Amma comforted me, and now I am waiting for my hairstylist and makeup artist to come and get me ready.

"SHANAYA" oh that was Latika Bhabhi. "Shanaya where are you lost, I have been calling you since such a long term. Anyways the makeup artist and hairstylist is here, come let's get you ready."

"Bhabhi you go I am coming."

"You guys better make her look pretty, I mean she is already so pretty but make her look even more pretty, that any girl would envy her, if you don't do so you are in trouble." Bhabhi was giving so many instructions to the makeup and hair artist. But she was right I had to look really pretty after all I am getting married the number one hottest batchelor of India. But somewhere in my heart I felt something is attached my, and I am not ready to take up all the responsibilities of a married woman.

After three long hours I am was ready. In came Ansh and sat next to me and Ritika. After looking at my nervous face he told "oye Shanaya don't be so nervous and tensed, everything will be fine, and of that Karthik does something Ritika and I will make sure he never does that again, right Ritika?" " Ya right Ansh, after all when will my karate skills form in handy." Both my best friends were by side, cracking jokes and making sure I was comfortable. They were real life saviours, I just love them.

(This is the dress and jewelry that Shanaya had worn, you can imagine whomever you want in place of Shanaya, as I don't know each of you like

(This is the dress and jewelry that Shanaya had worn, you can imagine whomever you want in place of Shanaya, as I don't know each of you like....sorry)

Now I had to wait till we get to the engagement hall, as engagement was in the evening. The vadhiyar(priest) had told the auspicious time was at 7:45 and at the moment it was only 6:00. We will leave in half an hour.

Karthik's POV

My family was so good damn excited about this engagement, I mean since the last one week all the relatives have started landing up at our place. My mother and sister have gone crazy, who even buys 5 sarees each for an engagement that is only a day long occation.

Here I am trying to convince Kavya, that I will have to marry that bit**h Shanaya, but will divorce her in an year and a half and will marry Kavya. I have even promised her Taht I will be completely loyal to Kavya, and will not ever do anything with that Shanaya. I no that it's not Shanaya's fault but because of her my love , my Kavya was so update and sad. I know Shanaya also wasn't given any choice, but yet I am really mad at her.

I am now ready to go for the hell of an engagement I have.

(Again that's just the sit Karthik had worn, not Karthik)

Its 7:40 and I am waiting at the hall for Shanaya to come. She will be here in five minutes. I was talking to her brother about business and taking a smile. Rehan my best friend who at the moment was acting like the best enemy by teasing me with Shanaya, like really he knows I hate her, and only love Kavya.

Suddenly the lights dimmed and I saw Shanaya enter, not to deny but she did look splendid, in that orange saree(it's an Indian dress, it's the dress worn on the picture of the girl above) of hers.

Soon Shanaya was standing besides me.

Shanaya's POV

The vadhiyar asked Karthik to the ring ceremony first, he took my hand and slid the ring on toy rings finger. Then I also was asked to do the same. I was really very nervous. But slowly I did it.

Later both of us were sitting the vadhiyar did some rituals and announced the date of our marriage which is in one month and asked all relatives to bless us with their presence. Then the two of us were sitting on he sofa, and all the relatives were blessing is. But Karthik was so busy typing n his phone.

Soon the function came to an end, and ma(Karthik's mother) well she forced me and asked me to call her ma, gave me a hug, so did Meera and Ruchit my brother in-law, and sister in law and soon everyone left. Even my family left for home. Now in months time I would become Shanaya Karthik Iyer from Shanaya Ashish Subrmaniam.

Well that was the second chapter of the story, I really really hope you like it. Do tell me if you like it or not. Please stay tuned to know what happens ahead in Karthik and Shanaya's life. Till then take care 😊 bye.