chapter 25

Hey guys, I am back with a new chapter. After getting to know all your opinions the conclusion I have come to is that Karthik and Shanaya will meet in the end or before that. But before that Karthik needs to do a lot of hard work.

Shanaya's POV

Karthik surprised me with that dinner yesterday. I really liked it but I didn't tell him. I was really hurt and he had to know that. We had dinner and then I came home with Karthik as it was really late.

In the car none of us spoke, we were both quite. But the silence was comforting for some reason. I took in the view of Mumbai at night, even though I have seen it many times, it feels new everytime I see it.

Today in the morning Karthik was already there at the dining table for breakfast. He was expecting me to sit, and I was about to sit too, but then at that moment Bhai called and asked me to come to office soon as I had to do the pitch for the new project. He told I could have breakfast at office, I agreed and quickly left for office. When I left karthik was upset, but that's fine, I felt a little sad, but I also felt like that a lot of times.

Right now I am heading home after a really hectic day. I reached home, I went to freshen up. I then changed into pajamas and a t-shirt. Then I headed to the dining room. Oh shit, the cook is not there today, damn!

But I was surprised, the food was already set at the dining table. The cook is not there then who made the food? "Umm I made it" came a voice from behind, I turned and it was Karthik. He looked really really hot in that Nike t-shirt and tracks. What... I was hurt, but that doesn't mean I can control my hormones.

Wait but he knows how to cook? Obviously he does, that's why he cooked genius! Told my subconscious mind. "Will you keep staring or will you sit, and also have the food." Karthik's voice got me out of my trance. I nodded and quickly sat down to eat, I was hurt, but I was hungry too.

Man the food is actually nice, but I won't tell Karthik. I kept mum and ate the food, it was Mexican. I quickly finished my food, put my plate in basin, and so did karthik. The servants put the other bowls in the kitchen. I then left for my room, without waiting for Karthik to question or tell me anything.

I went to my room, and sat in the balcony. Mumbai air brushed past me, it gave me some comfort. I remember how messed up and complicated my life is. Then I remembered everything that has happened in my marriage life, from our honeymoon to whatever happened tonight.

I just don't know what to do. I really needed a break. So I called up Ritika but she didn't pick up the call. So the. I called Ansh.

(The phone conversation)

Me- sup dude?

A- nothing I was having a dinner date with Vani (she is Ansh's long time girlfriend and now fiance)

Me- oh did I disturb you?

A- no not at all, I dropped Vani home, and now I am sitting in my room.

Me- oh

A- hmm, so tell me what happened?

Me- arey Woh I think we should go on a holiday.

A- good idea, I completely agree, but is Dhruv included in 'we'?

Me- I don't know, if you guys want we can include him, I have no problems.

A- I have no problems, and I am sure Ritika also doesn't. You call him, but where will we go and when?

Me- we will facetime eachother, I am sure Ritika is also free by now and so is Dhruv then we will finalize, what say?

A- good idea.

We ended our phone conversation, and then we faced time eachother. After a lot of discussion we decided to go to Bali, we would leave next week.

I was so happy, I will get some change of mind. Someone knocked my room, I went and opened it, karthik was there. "Actually I will be going to Delhi for a week, so I just wanted to inform you, and Rehan is also coming, we have some official work." Karthik told me, this was a change, he informed me where he was going, nice. I nodded, "oh okay, have a safe journey, good night Karthik." I told him "good night Shanaya." He then left.

I also fell asleep, soon thinking about the change in Karthik, though that didn't mean I forgive him.

Then next week passed in a jiffy, and right now I am sitting in the flight for Bali with my friends. I haven't informed Karthik about this trip, but that's fine he also did that with me when he went to USA without informing me. But you also went to Goa without informing him! Told my subconscious mind, so what I only went for a week, he went for six months.

Karthik's POV

I was back home from Delhi today morning, early morning. I went changed and decided to stay home today, I was really tired, I had a lot of meetings for the past week, so I changed in my casuals and then I went down to the kitchen, but while going down I noticed that Shanaya's room door was open. She never sleeps with an open door, and nor does she wake up till 6:00, and right now it only 5:15. Is as a little tensed, so I had gone down to look for her, but she wasn't there. I tried calling her but her phone was switched off. Is as so go damn tensed.

Right now I am sitting and trying to call Shanaya's phone, but her phones busy. It's night and I have no idea about where she is. Suddenly there is a notification on my phone, it's form Shanaya. I clicked it and I was shocked, the caption read, ' in Bali with besties ' what the hell she is in Bali. What irked me more is that Dhruv is also there with her! In the selfie she posted he is standing with his hands in her waist. Oh and her dress it was actually very pretty and she also looked really pretty in it, but I wished she wore it with me around her.

 Oh and her dress it was actually very pretty and she also looked really pretty in it, but I wished she wore it with me around her

(The dress Shanaya wore)

I felt a sudden rush of anger inside me, I wanted to punch the shit out of Dhruv. Couldn't Shanaya inform mw, I also would have let he ego with her friends. I know she is hurt with what I did but she could have informed me.

So that was the chapter, I hope you like it. If you did please vote. I will update the next chapter soon silent readers also please vote. Let's see what all happens no. It encourages me to write more. Anyways till then take care 😊