Suspiciously masculine

Gabriel Walters woke up the next morning in a bed. This was not an unusual occurrence for him, since he usually liked to sleep in a bed. However the bed he was sleeping in was not his bed, which was the first bad sign, and the fact that he didn't usually sleep totally naked was the second bad sign. Gabriel was starting to get the impression that last night he did something that he might now regret.

However he couldn't actually remember what had happened last night. But due to his lack of clothes and the suspiciously large bulge next to him that his arms were wrapped around, he had an idea. Although, it wasn't a particularly pleasant idea.

"Wake up," he whispered to the bulge. As much as he would like to quietly get up, walk out the room, and put all of this past him, a little thing called his conscience stopped him. Later on, he would feel like slowly murdering his conscience, but for now he is listening to it.

The bulge let out a groan. A groan that if he had to describe in two words, he would use "Suspiciously Masculine." The bulge let out another moan, and Gabriel decided to change the two words to "Oh Fuck."

The bulge was about to push the covers away from its head and turn into a human being, when Gabriel stopped it.

"Wait. We need to approach this situation very carefully. I don't remember anything. Do you?" The bulge shook its head.

"So if I don't know who you are, and you don't know who I am, we can just forget this ever happened, right?" Gabriel almost pleaded.

"That's not fair though, " said the bulge in a very familiar British accent.

"I do know who you are. And if only one of us knows, that's not fair. We have to get through this together. I can't bear the crushing awkwardness alone. First, let's try to remember what happened together," said Quentin Mathews from under the covers.

"I don't want to remembered what happened," Gabriel yelled.

"I'm naked in a bed with another guy. Who is also naked. Why the fuck would I want to remember what happened?"

"We can never know if we don't remember. It might not be that bad. We could be like this for some totally innocent reason. Like a dare. Or we just fell asleep like this because..." Quent trailed off. It hadn't been a particularly convincing argument.

"My arms are around you! Of course it's that bad," said Gabriel, detaching his arms from around Quent. They both tried to ignore the pang of loss when they were gone.

"Okay, maybe it is that bad! Excuse me for trying to find a way out of this situation. Alright, I have an idea. I'll kiss you know, when we're sober, and if we're both disgusted by it then it probably didn't happen."

"Okay."

Quent leaned in awkwardly, and pressed his lips against Gabriel's. They both felt the pleasant sparks of electricity running through their bodies. Their collective thoughts at this time went something like this: Mmmmmmmmm.

They both leaned back and looked at each other.

"That was... Horrible!" They both said at the same time, looking into each other's eyes.

"You were lying," said Gabriel.

"So were you!" Said Quent.

"Shit," they both said at the same time.

"That was a terrible plan!" Gabriel exclaimed.

"Why the fuck did I ever agree to that? All I know now is that I definitely like you as more than a friend. This is a disaster! I am so not ready to come out of the closet. I'm perfectly happy safe in Narnia where nobody will beat me up every day and I get to rule the school and do what I want. I am not messing up all the work I put into becoming popular and pretending to be straight my whole life."

"I know it was a terrible plan. I see that now. I'm not ready to come out of the closet either. I was just hoping that I would be able to kiss you and not enjoy it. Apparently God hates me."

"Well, you are gay. Although, actually, no, I'm sure God doesn't hate gay people. That was just a stupid thing made up by homophobes."

"Who says I'm gay anyway? We're probably both just bisexual. We can just ignore the guy liking half and go out with girls for the rest of our lives."

They both sat in silence for a while, thinking. Then Gabriel spoke.

"I don't think I ever liked girls."

"Me neither," said Quent.

"Shit."

After getting out of the bed, finding their clothes and sneaking out of the house, Quent and Gabe found their next big problem on Monday morning. Hiding what had happened from Dev. This would have been a lot easier if Dev wasn't their best friend, and if he wanted to talk about something other than the party.

"So I remember, about halfway through the party you guys disappeared," Dev was saying, while Gabe and Quent tried to act naturally.

"Did you both get laid?"

"Um, yeah... I guess we did. I mean, I did, I don't know about Quent,"

Gabe answered awkwardly.

"Awesome man, was she hot?"

"Yeaaaah, she was..." Gabe tried not to look at Quent,

"Tall. With short dark hair, and... Green eyes." Shit.

Behind him, Quent started laughing quietly.

"Honestly, I was so hammered I don't remember much."

"That's cool man. So how was yours?" Dev said, looking at Quent. Gabe laughed quietly. Revenge.

"Oh, she was pretty hot. Short, with really long red hair. But her tits weren't too big, you know dude," He said, looking at Gabe and trying not to laugh. Gabe glared at him slightly. Damn him and his good lying skills.

This chapter is... slightly longer than usual. Still, I am honestly trying to make them longer. Is this story moving too fast? They met about three weeks ago, but am I doing their romance at the wrong pace? I have no idea about this stuff, please tell me your thoughts!

IF YOU FIND ANY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES PLEASE TELL ME!!!

Vote and comment if you enjoyed the slightly naughty chapter!