My new best friend

Shell shocked, Gabe and Quent just sat there for a few minutes, staring at the plastic coated wooden tables. Eventually Quent picked up some of the pamphlets and looked at them, reading the titles aloud.

"There's someone in my head!"

"What to do when you find the one"

"All about soulmates"

"Sheesh, who came up with these titles, a four year old?" Quent snorted.

"Although, there actually is some useful information here," Gabe said, leafing through one. "We really do need to learn how to block each other out of our heads. I can't deal with your constant commenting on stuff, and the idea of someone in my head other than me just creeps me out."

"That's right," Quent agreed, "We need to practise stopping each other from accessing our thoughts. But I'm not sure about doing it here, we need somewhere more private. Isn't your house near by?" He asked, leaning forward so that their faces were inches apart, Gabriel's mint scented breath gently caressing his features in a fine mist.

"There are a few other things that I'd like to practise as well." He said in a low voice.

Gabriel's cheeks turned the colour of a ripe cherry, and he leaned as far back as possible in his chair in an attempt to get away from Quent.

"Yes, my house is technically near by," He spluttered.

"But there will be no practising of things going on when my mom and my sister are in the house. Besides, I have no idea what kind of THINGS you have in mind. What are things anyway?" He said, laughing awkwardly.

"Oh, you don't know what kind of things I have in mind?" Quent replied.

"Maybe I should just show you. They start here," He said, gently trailing a finger down Gabriel's nose, "Then they carry on doing their things over here," He continued, curling a path over Gabriel's wondrously high cheekbones,

"And eventually," He uttered, Gabriel's eyes widening in anticipation,

"They end up here," He finished in a whisper, softly tracing Quent's lips with a single digit.

Gabriel wasn't sure how it happened, (although, as usual, he blamed Quent entirely) but suddenly they were kissing like if they didn't the world would end. And just for a second, the thought flitted across Gabe's mind that maybe it would. And perhaps he wouldn't care if the universe crumbled around them so long as he could just go on kissing this beautiful boy in this single perfect moment.

Then his mind finished its little trip to a different world where two guys kissing in a coffee shop was a totally normal, acceptable occurrence and came back to reality. Once in reality his mind did two things. First, it relaxed and enjoyed the moment for a bit- even in reality it couldn't ignore that Quent was a really quite fantastic kisser, and second of all it commanded his hands to push said kisser firmly away from his mouth.

His mind was extremely disappointed with the results of the second thing it did, and immediately wanted to go back to the first thing and just carry that on for a bit longer. Gabriel was really starting to hate his mind.

Somehow they eventually managed to end up standing outside Gabriel's house, waiting for someone to open the door since Gabriel had forgotten his key. Inside the house a pattering of feet could be heard, as someone rushed to the door. The door was flung open to reveal an attractive teenage girl with what appeared to be a live snake wrapped around her neck.

"Oh. It's you,"She said disappointedly, looking at Gabriel.

"What do you mean 'Oh. It's you.' Shouldn't you at least pretend to be happy to see me?" Said Gabriel indignantly.