It's really quite simple

Gabriel acted surprisingly calmly, for him.

"OH MY GOD THERE'S A CRAZY LADY AT OUR TABLE," He yelled, while Quent just looked on and rolled his eyes.

"Calm down," said Quent exasperatedly. He seemed to have conveniently forgotten that he'd almost been yelling earlier as well.

"I think at least some of what she's saying may be true. How else would she know about the mind reading? I'm sure that if we just wait and let her talk, she'll explain this whole thing to us. Also, if you keep shouting, they'll kick us out." Gabriel was silent for a moment while he processed this.

"I don't want to know what it is that's causing this," he whisper yelled.

"I think I made that very clear. Wait. I know what this is. I figured it out. I'm a werewolf aren't I! Holy shit, I don't want to be a freaking werewolf! Every full moon, or every time I get angry or just whenever, I'm gonna turn into a wolf! With fur and everything, I can't believe it, this is awful, this..." The lady in pink turned to Quent with an impatient look on her face.

"Is he always like this?" She asked. Quent nodded.

"Yep, pretty much most of the time. We're not werewolves are we?" He questioned in a low voice, not really sounding like he believed they were.

"Of course not dear," she scoffed.

"Everyone knows that werewolves don't exist. Besides, I'm sure you would know sooner than this if you were, there must be other signs. You're both perfectly ordinary human beings." Gabriel seemed to have stopped his private monologue and started to listen, finally.

"Now, every human being has the potential to do what you two are doing. It's really quite simple. In every person's brain there is an area that is, in basic terms, closed off to them. That is the part with their abilities. They can't open it themselves, the only person who can open it is their soulmate, the one person meant for them. But since it isn't open yet, their soulmate can't connect with the person's brain; it's a catch twenty two situation. So if they can't connect through their brain, they have to connect with them another way. Which presumably you two boys have done."

"So you're saying that while we were doing it, we connected with each other's brains and opened up our magical powers?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, I'm glad you understand," she giggled delightedly.

"I knew this was your fault," Gabriel hissed at Quent.

"None of this would have happened if you could have kept it in your pants!"

"You had sex with me too! It's not just my fault, and besides we were both too drunk to be responsible for our actions."

"Oh calm down boys, it's neither of your faults. This was something that was out of either of your control. If you see each other often it would have happened at some point anyway, in retrospect it went pretty well for you."

"You mean I was always doomed to sleep with him?" Gabriel whisper yelled.

"No no no no no!" The lady chuckled.

"Oh good," said Gabriel.

"I wouldn't say doomed. More like, fated. Or blessed. Doomed makes it just sound so depressing. What you don't seem to be getting boys is that this is a good thing. You've met The One, do you have any idea how many people hope and dream for this to happen? Your chances were miniscule, especially since you're gay soulmates. There's probably only about thirty other couples like you in the entire world. And none of them are as young and handsome. You've done the hard part, now you can relax and spend the rest of your lives together. Have the happily ever after."

"You mean that I have to spend the rest of my life with a guy?"

"Well, it's not a legal contract so technically no. It's something much stronger and more binding. True love. That's the reason you have these abilities, they're embedded in your mind so that if you do ever meet the one, you'll be able to protect each other. Now, in your mind, he will always come first, above everything else."

"So I don't have to spend the rest of my life with him? I'm really not buying this True Love bullshit. That's just something Disney made up to justify the fact that most of their princesses are teenagers. So nothing bad will happen if I just ignore this and marry some girl?" He asked, ignoring the little stutter his heart made at the suggestion of being with someone other than Quent.

He also ignored the sharp stab of pain he felt inside Quent's head at the idea of him getting off with some random, faceless girl.

"It's not about having to or not. You'll want to more than you've ever wanted anything in your entire life." She sighed in frustration.

"You know I really hate having to do this," she groaned. Then she lifted up her hand and slapped Quent hard across the face, leaving a large red mark behind her.

In less than a second, Gabe was across the table standing protectively in front of Quent while simultaneously pressing a hand to his cheek and checking he was okay. Then he leaned down and pressed a soft, sweet kiss against Quent's red cheek, only succeeding in making it go redder. After a few moments he came back to his senses, and his seat.

The lady smiled knowingly at Gabe's shocked expression.

"What was that?" Quent asked Gabe in breathless wonder.

"I don't know," Gabe replied. "It's just, when she slapped you all I wanted to do was protect you, I needed to protect you. I couldn't help myself. I don't know why and to be honest all of this is kind of scaring me, but what I do know is that I would never let anyone ever hurt you. "

"Well, it looks like my work here is done," the lady said, ruining their moment.

"Oh, and before I forget, don't tell anyone about the powers. That always ends badly. Not that they'd believe you anyway. If you need me, call me, and here are some pamphlets to help you out," she said, tossing down some pamphlets and a pink sparkly business card.

"The rest you'll have to figure out yourselves. Cheerio!" She called, exiting as quickly as she had entered.

This is mostly just filler, and kind of explaining how they can do all the mind reading etcetera. Hope it isn't too cliché. Oh, and I love reading boyxboy stories. That's what I do with most of my time. If anyone has any recommendations or wants me to read their story, I probably will.

IF YOU FIND ANY SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKES PLEASE TELL ME!!!