A little nervous

Chapter 21

An unreasonably short time later, they heard the high pitched squeal of the doorbell going off. Opening the door (which thankfully had a key beside it) they were presented with short, dark haired teenage boy clutching a laptop whose face was almost the exact colour of a standard fire engine.

"Hey, I'm Quent," he said, trying to ease some of the tension. Which only seemed to make the boy's face darker. But before Quent could start to wonder whether they had missed something, and the poor guy was actually choking to death, because that slight purple shade was just unnatural on a human being, he spoke.

"Hello, I'm Corey," He managed to squeak out, pushing his gigantic glasses up on his nose.

"Is he having some kind of asthma attack?" Gabe whispered to Quent worriedly.

"He's fine. He just seems a little nervous." Quent hissed back.

"Why? We're not that scary." Gabe replied.

"I don't think it's fear that's the problem. Come in, Corey!". He said in a louder voice, moving away from the doors so that he could get past.

Corey scampered in, and Quent was reminded of a pet hamster he'd had as a kid. Corey sat down on one of the white sofas, and opened up his  laptop.

This was going to be hard, Corey thought. Not the tracing the phone part. That would be pretty easy actually. But being around average people made him nervousness, so staying in the same room as two guys who looked like Hollister models was a total nightmare. A really awesome nightmare, but still a nightmare.

Besides, there had been some rumour going around about them recently. He wasn't sure what it was, since nobody really ever told him anything, but everyone was talking about it. And now they had randomly called him over to trace some random person's phone. It was at the very least suspicious. But he'd still do whatever they asked him to because, hello? They were like the hottest guys ever!

Corey banged his head against the table and groaned. There was no point, they were both straight anyway. After carefully asking if he was okay, Gabe gave him the card with the number on it, and he plugged his phone into the laptop. Now he could focus on what he needed to do.

"Ummmm, can you leave the room please? I kinda need to concentrate." He timidly told the two guys hovering over his shoulder. They agreed surprisingly enthusiastically and left the room to go upstairs together.

It took Corey about two hours to successfully track the phone. It would have taken him even less time, but most of his equipment was at home. No matter how good a hacker was, and he was a fairly talented one, tracking something with just a phone and a laptop was hard. 

Once he was totally finished, he decided to go up the stairs and find Gabe and Quent. He would have just yelled them down, but he had never liked the sound of his own voice, especially in large spaces like this one where it was bound to bounce round and echo. If he hadn't know that echo's were just the reverberation of sound waves back to the source of noise, he would totally have wanted to ban echo's.

In fact there wasn't much about himself that he actually did like. He didn't like the way he wasn't interesting enough for people to notice him. He didn't like the way his eyes were too big and his body was too small, and his hair never seemed to go right. He didn't like the way if he ever had anyone he liked he'd always just start blushing whenever they were near. And there was clearly something wrong with him, because otherwise why would people bully him all the time?

It took him a while to navigate the massive house, but eventually he could hear noises coming out one of the spare bedrooms.

Quietly, he knocked on the door. There was no answer, so he tried again. Eventually he decided to just open the door, and he walked inside. Then he walked back out again, cleaned his glasses, and out them back on again because, clearly he was seeing things. There was NO WAY two of the stars of the school could be lying on the bed, heavily making out with each other.

It was simply impossible that Quent could be lying on top of Gabe, kissing his lips repeatedly.  It was totally absurd that Gabe could have a clear new hickey forming on his neck. It was utterly unimaginable that their tongues could be wrestling each other in a fight for dominance, plunging in and out of their mouths in a hot quest of passion. And the moans...well, this was clearly all just his mind making things up.

Corey decided that if he went back in the room everything would be back to normal and they'd be doing homework or something. He walked back inside, then made a strangled sort of squeaking noise that caused both of them to look up from what they had been doing. Which was kissing.

"Oh, hey Corey, you done already?" Quent asked, sounding almost as if nothing at all had happened. Underneath him, Gabe's cheeks started to go a little pink.

Corey stood in the doorway and continued gawking at them, his entire head slowly turning the colour of a tomato, and made some more shocked sounding noises.

"Oh, did you not know about us being a couple then? I thought everyone knew. Where did you track the phone to?" Quent continued, still completely unfazed by  the whole situation.

"What? You two are TOGETHER? Like, TOGETHER, together? As in DATING? How did I not know about this? That's so awesome! And yes, I'm done tracking the phone. You can come see if you like," said Corey, going from totally shocked to businesslike unnervingly quickly.

After they had all gathered themselves, they trooped down the stairs to look at Corey's laptop. Displayed on the screen was the current location of The Shadow. Eagerly, Gabe leaned forward as if he was expecting her to be at some kind of secret hideout in an abandoned building. She wasn't. She was in Starbucks. In fact, she was in exactly the same Starbucks as the one she had first met them in. And she was sitting alone at a table almost as if she was waiting for them.

I'm sorry I took so long to update, and this is kind of a short chapter. But school started again, and so I had stuff to do. Someone asked for some more action, so I put some in. That's what happens when you comment guys! I read them and listen.

It's depressing at the moment because all my favourite anime are ending. Love Stage finished last week. Monthly girls Nozaki-kun ends on Sunday. Free! Eternal summer ends next week. Sigh. My life is so dull and meaningless.

The next chapter should be out soon. (I hope)

IF YOU SEE ANY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES PLEASE TELL ME!