0.1 ; The Beginnings

The cottage was filled with the aura of love as the Cullen clan visited with Florence

The cottage was filled with the aura of love as the Cullen clan visited with Florence. Laughter bubbled around the immortals, giving them a glow that manifested from within. 

The only member missing was Edward. 

Florence did not ask for his whereabouts seeing as the moody vampire had become a topic of controversy among his family due to his obsession with Bella. Rosalie in particular resented the human for stealing her foster brother away from his family. 

Florence was currently sitting on Jasper's lap, his arms wrapped around her torso, as the family discussed the elephant in the room.

"I'm sorry," Florence spoke abruptly, her voice ringing in Jasper's ears like the melodic line of his favorite song. 

"For what, dear?" Esme asked, a hint of motherly concern could be heard in the undertone of her stern, authoritative voice. 

"I - I did not mean to draw her here. I didn't even know you all were - " Florence, for once, was at a loss for words. 

"Victoria," Carlisle began, "Came here on her own accord. It is no fault of your's."

"I just feel as though I'm at fault," Florence's voice cracked.

"Please," Rosalie began, "We love you, Flor. We don't want you to ever regret finding us."

If Florence's heart had had blood flow once more, a bright pink blush would've been found on the apples of her cheeks. She had never in her life had so much love and support come from a family, and she was forever grateful for finding them -- she's not a clue as to what she would do without them. 

"Are you coming Saturday?" Alice asked excitedly, exuding excitement. 

"What's Saturday?" Florence asked, confusedly.

Alice glared at Jasper, "I told you to invite her."

Jasper smirked into Florence's back, "We were a bit - preoccupied." 

"Jasper," Florence sighed, exasperated and embarrassed. 

"Anyways," Alice ignored Jasper's comment, continuing with her exciting announcement, "We're hosting an eighteenth birthday party for Bella!"

Florence cringed, "Do I have to go?"

Rosalie laughed, "I've already tried, Flor. Alice won't-"

Alice interrupted Rosalie, "You absolutely have to go! In fact, we're going shopping!"

"Are we?" Florence sarcastically asked, already knowing Alice was one hundred and ten percent serious. 

"Yes," Alice began, "You can't re-wear dresses, Florence; have I taught you nothing?"

"Woah, who said I was wearing a dress?" Florence deadpanned.

"Me, obviously," Alice smirked. 

"I think you would look stunning in a dress, love," Jasper whispered in Florence's ear, knowing full well that all the immortals in the room could hear his declaration.

Florence smiled so wide, all of her pearly whites could be counted. She was, for once, happy that she was not human because if she was she would be a sweaty, nervous mess. Jasper was the only person in the universe that made her feel as though her heart could beat once more; he made her feel human again. She suddenly found herself wondering why they were apart for all those years, and how it must have been fate that they were reunited. 

"Thank you," Florence answered aloud, "I'll go shopping with you Alice. When do you want to leave?"

"Tomorrow after school," Alice smiled her ethereal smile, "We'd better be headed back home, though. Edward will want us back, I can see it."

Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Rosalie, and Alice all stepped out of the small cottage door, thanking Florence for her hospitality and complimenting her small, comforting home. 

Florence stood in the open door way, gesturing outside to the one person left in the room. Jasper smirked, his blond hair flying back as he quickly made to shut the door, locking it. 

"Oh no," Florence shook her head, "Uh uh."

"Oh yes," Jasper smirked, holding her hands above her head against the cottage door.

Jasper passionately kissed Florence's plump, and waiting, lips. Each time they kissed, they both felt as though they were being rebirthed into one person - like their souls, should they still have them, were being combined into one. 

Florence was completely in love with Jasper.

Jasper was completely in love with Florence.

Which made what happened Saturday night much, much worse. 

A/N: Hi guys!

Hope y'all enjoy the update.

Sorry it's been so long! I've been swamped with AP classes and speech and debate. I love that you guys are still so dedicated to this book. Let me know what y'all think of the chapter!

word count -715

UNEDITED

10/22/17