0.9 ; Tearful Truths

Florence had been missing a part of herself for a while

Florence had been missing a part of herself for a while. A mother without her child is a soul that is left incomplete. 

In Florence's case, however, the puzzle piece to her soul had a broken soul herself. Houston had been problematic. Inviting herself into Florence's home, she had been living with her mom for nearly three months. In those three months, she had caused not one, not two, but three local panics.

Despite Florence's warning to Houston that she could no longer hunt humans while she lived under her roof, Houston did as she pleased. It was almost like Houston was stuck not only in her teenage body, but her teenage personality as well.

Her rebellious ways seemed to be Houston's way of flipping her mom off for all the years she hadn't been present. It wasn't like it was Florence's fault, though; she didn't know where her daughter was after she disappeared. 

Simultaneously, Bella had been hanging out with her old best friend, Jacob Black. Subsequently, Bella began bothering Florence about werewolves and whether or not they were real. Of course they were, but Florence didn't know how she should handle the situation; if Bella found out that Jacob was a werewolf, then she would be dragged into more supernatural drama, and Florence had her own drama to deal with without having to deal with keeping Bella safe from horrendous puppies.

"Houston," Florence knocked on the bathroom door, "I need to get in there."

"Well you're just going to have to wait," Houston snapped.

"It's been forty minutes," Florence began, "I'm coming in whether you like it or not."

Florence walked in on Houston doing her eyeshadow, and when she made eye contact in the mirror with Houston, she was given a big eye roll. 

"Look, I know you think of me as some absent mom that deserves to be ignored, but you are living under my roof and you are going to obey my rules while you are here or you will no longer be staying with me."

"Oh yea," Houston snorted, "Prove that you aren't absent by kicking me out of your life again."

"First of all," Florence spoke emotionally, "I never left you. You kicked me out of your life when you got married against your father's will. Sec -"

"Because you and dad couldn't see that it was real love because of his color!" Houston stomped her feet.

"You were fourteen! How the hell were you supposed to know what true love was? We did not want you to be limited in society. You were destined for greatness. Regardless of your father and I's personal acceptance of biracial relationships, the society you were surrounded by did not share the same opinions as we did. We did not want you to get death threats. We wanted to protect you, you were our daughter."

"I -"

"Let me finish! I never wanted to leave you. When you disappeared, I searched for you and your father for years. You never came back to me. Now, you finally have. So you can be in my life and live by my rules or you can get your revenge on whoever you want revenge on. But I can tell you right now that the latter is no way to live."

"I guess so," Houston halfheartedly said.

"So what's your choice, Houston?" Florence began, "Because I'm certainly not going to throw all my love into someone that treats me the way you do. Make up your damn mind."

"I'll stay," Houston nodded, her eyes full of tears, her mind full of acceptance, and her heart full of newfound love. 

"Alright," Florence nodded, "So no more hunting humans, okay?"

"Okay," Houston agreed.

Florence turned to exit the bathroom and leave her daughter to her makeup when Houston mumbled out, "Mom?"

Florence took her hand off of the bathroom doorknob and turned back to her daughter, "Yes?"

"I'm so sorry," Houston sobbed out, "I never meant to worry you."

"Most mom's worry about their daughter being out ten minutes past curfew. I had to worry about my daughter being a century and a half out past curfew," Florence joked, "But you're here now, and that's all that matters."

They embraced each other in understanding, and a new chapter had began in both of their lives.

Like mother, like daughter.

[word count - 725]

[UNEDITED]

[here's another one. hope y'all love it. vote, comment, follow, share. love to hear all of you guys's thoughts.]