0.5 ; Gone Girl

Florence dropped down from the tree branch, landing on top of her intended target

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Florence dropped down from the tree branch, landing on top of her intended target. Sinking her fangs into the doe's neck, Florence immediately felt the effects of the newfound blood circulating her body.

She hadn't fed in nearly two months - much more than many vampires are even able to go, but Florence's gifts make it to where she doesn't have to or like to kill often. She felt revived but with a twinge of guilt, like she knew she was taking the life out of an innocent animal to feed her tortured and damned soul. 

Like she was taking something's life to prolong her suffering, and it didn't feel good. 

Florence felt a woosh of air ruffle her hair as she dropped the doe's neck down gently, as if she didn't dare disturb the dead, in order to see what unexpected company she had this time. As expected, she saw that familiar head of blond curls and sighed.

"What do you want?" Florence asked, coldly, "I expected you to be gone by now."

"We're," Jasper began, pained from feeling her detached emotions, "We're tying up some things before we leave."

"You mean Edward has to explain to the human why she won't be seeing her normal bloodsuckers around?"

"How did you -?"

"I saw them in the meadow," Florence explained before he could finish his question.

"Yeah, well," Jasper began, "Edward wanted me to ask you to keep a watch over her."

"Fat chance," Florence scoffed, hitting Jasper's right shoulder as she began a brisk walk out of the woods.

"Why?" Jasper asked, keeping up with Florence's walk, only slightly trailing behind her.

"Because," Florence began, "I never liked the girl. She's going to get us all in trouble with the Volturi, I agree with Rosalie. I only tolerated her and watched over her because of you, and now that you're gone - so is my care for the bloodsinger."

"Please," Jasper began while Florence's cabin came into view through the sparse trees on the outskirts of her clearing, "For me?"

"Oh no," Florence began, "When I ask you to do something like - oh I don't know - stay with me, it's ok for you to ignore my wishes; but apparently when you want me to do something, I should just fall at your feet? It doesn't work that way Jasper. It's not fair."

Florence opened the wooden door before trying to slam it behind her, but Jasper caught the door, and closed it behind him - stepping into her comfy home, "Look, I know. It's just that Edward really needs this."

"Yeah?" Florence asked, her eyes filling with tears at her next statement, "Well - I really need you, and you don't seem to care about that. Why the hell should I care about your brother's wishes?"

"If you're trying to prove that you're better than me," Jasper began, "I knew that a long time ago. I just - I just need you to understand-"

"I do understand!" Florence began screaming, shoving Jasper with each word, "I understand everything perfectly clearly, that's what hurts so badly. I understand that you want to leave me. I understand that you want to leave me behind to be a babysitter. I understand."

"No," Jasper began, holding Florence's tightened fists in his hands, "You don't understand. Look into my eyes."

Florence reluctantly glanced into Jasper's eyes, getting mesmerized in them as always. His ocean blue eyes made her feel like she was swimming in his emotions. She felt the warmth of his love for her fill her stomach as she saw his pupils dilate.

"You see that?" Jasper said, breaking the love-filled silence, "You see how you make me feel? You drive me crazy, Flor. Every day, I wonder how I could have possibly gone a century without you. I don't want to be without you, I don't. You know that, but it won't be forever. I promise - God, I promise on everything - that I will be coming back for you. Wherever you are, I will find you, and I will be with you."

"Then why leave now?" Florence asked, her voice cracking with sorrow because of the thought of a future without her love.

"Because right now," Jasper sighed, unfisting Florence's hands before slipping his fingertips through her delicate ones, "My brother needs my help. He needs to keep his love safe. I've thought of this a thousand times over, and if there was any way that you could come with us and have Bella be protected - I would have done it. But I get what Edward is going through. If you were endangered, I would do anything and everything to protect you."

Florence was at a loss for words, she was tired of arguing, and she just wanted to feel Jasper's love again. She took his head into her dainty palms, and brought his lips close to her's, letting her brush her lips against his teasingly, "I'm going to miss you."

Jasper smirked against her lips, "I'm going to miss you too."

"Then," Florence started, "Let's make sure it's a proper goodbye."

"It's not goodbye," Jasper corrected, "It's a see you later, and that's a promise."

With that, Jasper passionately crashed his lips with her's in a frenzy of need.

Of need to feel love.

Of need to feel her love.

Of need to feel her.

He just wanted to wake up next to the love of his life for the last foreseeable time.

He just wanted to feel alive for the last foreseeable time.

Because without her, he felt not just physically dead - but emotionally dead as well.

Irrational. [Jasper Hale]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें