1.1 ; Florence in Florence

ALICE, FLORENCE, HOUSTON, and BELLA stepped out of the cool breeze of the airport and into the warm, calming air of Florence, Italy

"You know Mom," Houston spoke up, rolling her luggage to the neon yellow Porsche Alice had rented for the day, "If this weren't such an urgent situation, I would probably make a pun about how you're in Florence."

"But it is urgent," Bella deadpanned as she slammed the door to the passenger's side door. She had been in a bad mood, understandably, since Alice told Bella of her vision.

As soon as the four girls closed their respective doors, Alice sped off towards Volterra. The smell of tar was kicked up as the rubber wheels skidded atop the winding roads of Tuscany. The hot sun beat down on the girls, forcing the three vampires to conceal their skin with headscarves and big sunglasses.

The reckless driving was getting out of control on the outskirts of Volterra. There must have been some kind of parade or celebration going on because people were crowding the streets, which made car travel significantly harder. Alice nearly ran into a silver Prius as she drifted sideways, narrowly missing a few pedestrians.

Bella grasped onto the dashboard, scared out of her mind for not only her safety but also Edward's at this point, "How much time do we have?"

Alice ominously looked towards the horizon, glaring at the clocktower that towered over the fountain in the middle of the cobblestone square, "He's waiting until noon to make sure the sun is at its peak."

"We only have five minutes," Bella worried, glancing at her quartz watch, "Where's the square?"

"Follow that lane," Alice yelled out, watching Bella sprint as quickly as her human legs would carry her.

"He'll be under the clock tower!" Alice yelled out, watching Bella glance up at the medieval cobblestone tower Alice was referencing.

Bella raced past the San Marcos Day festival dwellers, sticking out like a sore thumb among a sea of crimson red. She lightly shoved past mobs of people as Italian people shouted after her in their native tongue.

Bella was parallel the clocktower, and she glanced up, reading that it was one minute until noon.

She had sixty seconds.

Sixty seconds to save the love of her life from ending himself.

Sixty seconds to change fate.

Sixty seconds to sprint towards the vampire that was stepping out into the crowded streets, softly gleaming as the sun rays hit his face, making him shine like diamonds.

The clock tower rang out, announcing that it was high noon and she made the rash decision to wade through the fountain water, forcing herself past the marble that stood on the other side of the fountain.

She forced her body on top of Edward's, covering himself in the shadows before he could expose himself. The only thing between them was the red robe that Edward had donned, and it was as though time had stopped momentarily - if only for them.

For Edward, it was a time of realization. He realized that he was fed incorrect information, and that the love of his life was still alive and breathing. He could hear her heartbeat and smell the sweet smell of her blood chorusing through her veins, and his rigid body - still in shock - calmed down in her presence.

For Bella, it was a moment of reunification. She felt safe again in her love's icy arms. She felt like she no longer had to crave company and adrenaline to try and fill the unfillable void he left in her soul when he up and left her for six months. She could feel his taut skin against her's, and she was relieved that she had made it in time.

"Are you real or am I in heaven?" Edward asked naively, already thinking he had been executed for his crime.

"I'm alive, I'm here," Bella reassured, grabbing his hands in her's as she stood up, "Alice was wrong."

Edward grabbed Bella's face in his hands, pressing his lips against her's gently as they soaked up each other's presence. It was a feeling of complete euphoria that could only be compared to a scurvy-ridden person getting their necessary dose of vitamin C after wasting away for so long.

"You're here," Edward said, pulling her into his chest - still in shock from the whole experience.

"I'm here," Bella reassured, breathing in Edward's natural mahogany scent.

He stared into her deep brown eyes, ready to pull her into another lustful kiss when he tensed up, sensing other's unwelcome presence. Tugging Bella behind him, Edward faced two cloaked men that were stuck in their twenties - they were athletic looking with sincere, bloodshot eyes that peered into the soul.

"I won't be needing your services after all," Edward began, nodding in acknowledgement to Felix and Demetri.

"Aro wants to speak with you again," Felix spoke up in the most chilling voice Bella had ever heard.

"I didn't break any rules," Edward stepped back slightly, cautious of their intent.

Something in Demetri's smile showed that he opposed Edward's previous statement, "I suppose we should take this conversation to a more - appropriate - venue."

"Fine," Edward gave in, knowing the Volturi didn't take no for an answer, "Bella, go enjoy the parade."

"The girl was requested as well," Felix deadpanned, his red eyes ablaze with fury.

"That's not going to happen," Edward began as he menacingly stepped forward, trying to intimidate the glorified Volturi gofers.

The three other vampires that tagged along had finally made their way to their destination from Alice's visions as they stepped into the alleyway as backup, "Come on guys, it's a festival."

"Yeah," Houston began as all three girls morphed into a protective stance, "We wouldn't want to make a public scene, now would we?"

"We'll win," Felix spoke up, "Scene or no scene."

"Enough," A petite blonde girl that was infamous in the vampire world, Jane, landed gracefully in the middle of the alleyway.

All of the vampires immediately gave up, nodding in acknowledgement to the scary, intimidating girl.

"Who is she?" Bella whispered to Florence.

"Jane," Florence whispered back, "And she can hear you, dumbass."

"Just do as she says," Edward reassured Bella, placing his hand on the small of her back.

Jane tossed a black overcoat to Edward to cover up all vulnerable skin, "Follow me."

[UNEDITED]

[07/05/18]

[WORD COUNT - 1,067]

[AN: let me know what you guys want to see from me or this story. vote, comment, follow. any interaction is amazing. I love hearing feedback about my work. it motivates me to push forward. I hope you guys enjoy this update. I'll be back soon :)]