Chapter Four Part 1

Leah's POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night with the desire to continue with my precious work. Even though I had only slept for a few hours, I felt energetic and motivated.

I headed to my workshop and started on the last preparations for my new product.

This was going to change the world.
*
*
*

A few hours and 12 cups of coffee later, I finished my new cellphone telegram product line:

Frankenstein.

It was beautiful.

Now that this model had been finished, I could finally begin with the electronic arrangements for the laptops and tablets. My plan was going steady and strong.

I was so excited that I didn't notice that my mother had entered the room with a tray of breakfast in her panda pajamas.

"Good morning honey." She gave me a warm kiss on the cheek. "Good morning ma" I smiled at her. "Baby, I brought you breakfast. Please don't forget to eat it." She said massaging my back. "Yes, ma'am." I was too concentrated to say anything else.

I starting arranging all the materials I needed for the laptops and the tablets.

A few minutes later I received a call from my second in command, a.k.a my personal assistant and representative whenever I couldn't make it to meetings, events, etc.

Charlie Montereal. An extrovert, proud gay man. He was sometimes annoying but I still appreciate him. He is a great businessman.

"Leah! Turn the tv on!! Now!!!" He screamed through the phone. "Hello to you too, sorry I'm in the basement, no TV in sight." I sigh. "Then go up now! You have to see the news!" I shook my head. "No, I have work to do. Send me the news to my phone, I'll watch the link. Now, leave me to work on my baby!"

I hung up before he could say anything. I didn't want anything getting in my way.

I continue on with my work as if nothing had happened.

After a few more hours, I started to feel my vision getting blurry so I decided to stop for the day, but when I came out of the basement, I realize it wasn't day anymore, the sun was already setting and a beautiful orange-pink color resign over the clouds.

And I remembered something... I was still human. My stomach started grumbling and I hugged my stomach when the sudden punch of hunger got to me. I quickly made my way to my kitchen and started looking for a sandwich to make.

I finally had a sandwich in my hands and when I took the first bite, I felt as if I was in heaven. I felt as if I hadn't eaten anything...

I totally forgot to eat my breakfast.

Ma was going to kill me.

I told one of the maids to go get the breakfast tray without my mom finding out, I didn't like seeing my mom sad.

I went to my room, changed and after a warm shower, I laid on my bed.

I turned on the TV and after about 5 minutes I started drifting to sleep, faintly hearing an episode of  "Vampire diaries" on the background.

****

I woke up the next morning feeling refresh and so, I made my daily routine and decided to go with a red tone wardrobe. It was getting colder outside so I grabbed a velvet red coat-dress and combine it with black high heels.

I grabbed my sunglasses and purse and headed downstairs. My mother was already eating her breakfast. "Good morning baby!" She said a big smile on her face. "Good morning ma". I kissed her on the cheek and sat down as the maids poured some orange juice into my cup.