▲2▼

...I don't know where I am. It looks nothing like Manhattan; and the usual slight salty humidity of the sea of NYC is lost.

Am I in Brooklyn?
There is no way to know.

I find myself in a deserted alleyway.

I can't trust my eyes at this particular point. How did I end up here?

I am sure I did not run so far.

I click open my iPhone and see my current location.
I click on it and refresh it again.

But my location still shows that I am near the Yankee Stadium.

How is it possible that I made it to North Manhattan from Central Park and crossed the Harlem river and came here?

It seems pretty impossible. Almost as impossible as my soul being happy again.

I look up at the sky; and see that it is an okay day weather-wise with a few clouds.

My mind is in a muddled rush right now. I imagined the mist; according to Evelyn.

Yaaay ;atleast my imagination became stronger; I think sarcastically; and try to call a Uber.

I look around me and think that this day has gone wayyyy too bizarrely.

There are pieces of glass and beer bottles all around me in the narrow alleyway. I somehow try to reach the main road and I see the Yankee Stadium before me.

I wait for like fifteen minutes and finally my patience runs out.

I call the Uber driver; telling him that the app showed that he was just three minutes away.

"I am really sorry for the delay; ma'am I can't find you at your location". He says.

" I am standing on the main road in front of the Yankee Stadium" I tell him.

"That is exactly where I am; ma'am" he says.

                  *    *   *
I am silent for a while until I respond.

"Ummm...can you check from the other side of the stadium?" I ask.

"ma'am is this a joke?"he asks uncertainly.

I end the phone call and try to find a taxi.

There is a taxi standing on the road; but the driver is not there inside it. Maybe he went to the café nearby.

I go back to the alleyway trying to get back to the main road; and suddenly the choking feeling starts again.

I can't breathe.
And I am not even running this time.

I stop; and take a deep breath.

I continue walking; but the feeling increases.

I feel as if cold fingers are gripping my neck; pulling me down.

I gasp; and try to scream; but no sound comes out. I am strangled.

My energy suddenly drains out and I crash down on the sharp glass; my tongue tasting metal.

Before blacking out; I barely make out a woman standing in the distance in front of me.

"Mist...Mist..." she says.

              *      *     *

Yayy me!!! Twice in a week updates going strong heh??💪💪❤️❤️

-xoxo
***