▲3▼

I don't believe what I am seeing.

A stinging pain shoots in my arm and I see it bleeding where the glass cut it.

The woman before me is not facing me; and her back is pointed at me.

Her chanting becomes rougher and harsher every passing seconds and I cannot move.

After what must be a minute but which seemed like hours I am finnaly able to move.

The woman is still standing before me without facing me; and is still chanting Mist...Mist.... in a ragged voice.

I brush myself and get up.

"Who are you?"  I manage to speak.

As if regaining consciousness after hearing my voice; the woman turns away into the deserted garage-type space beside the alley.

Unable to hold my curiosity; I rush behind her. She does not seem real . She seems somewhat like a mirage.

The burning feeling in my lungs seems to have gone as I walk towards her turned back.

I can see the vague chocolate brown color of her hair.

Something in my mind suddenly clicks. I know someone having that kind of hair.

But that thought is gone as soon as it comes; like the things which hurt my mind before; and adrenalin was my only solution.

Shaking off my thoughts; I ask again.
"Who are you?"

Suddenly as I ask her; the mist suddenly grasps me only to clear when the woman is gone.

I notice my various bleeding wounds; and think again.

I walk back to the main road and called Evelyn.
I tell her all about this little episode and she  totally freaks out.

"Slyvia honey I am coming to your house right now. So BRING YOURSELF THERE NOW." she demands.

I solemnly promise that and luckily catch a taxi back to my apartment; my stomach growling with hunger.

New York City is slowly experiencing a late sunrise as it is aldready seven a.m.

I reach my apartment in some time and take the elevator to the fourteenth floor.

I am unlocking the door when Evelyn kinda pounces on me.

"Slyvia!!! What happened?" She asks; hysterical.

I make my way into the apartment and tell her tye entire story.

              *       *      *
"So either you are on drugs or you are being troubled by a ghost" she concludes.

I nod. "I am surely not on drugs" I tell her.

Me and drugs always end in my mind burning with pain instead of numbing it. I think inwardly.

"So.... look. Here is what we can do. I'll take you to my doctor. He knows what to do on like  every thing" she says.

"Okay. Fine." I give in.

"I'll go there; but not before..." I point at my stomach "...some chocolate waffles!!"

           ●      ●     ●

Heya!!!
Enjoying the story so far ??
Don't forget to vote and comment!!

Btw posting next chapter tomorrow as it's not possible for me to post this Wednesday !

Stay tuned - 2 updates every week💪❤️

~xoxo