▲11▼

I stare at the mirror; dumbstruck.

I don't know what to do.

The word shows clearly; an angry red color on my face.

The top part of the 'k'in killer starts at the top of my left eyebrow; curving down to my cheek and nose. The word continues; and the 'r' in killer ends near the end of my chin.

The scratches are burning.

I want to scream. I want to attempt another suicide. But she won't let me die.

I can't let anything happen to him ; if he is still alive.

My breath catches up in my throat; and I want to cry.

But I don't. I have toughened up. I have seen a lot worse. Like dead bodies hanging on hooks like meat; back in New Zealand.

I shake my head to get rid of all the flashbacks and hurriedly apply a huge amount of concealer again.

The marks gradually fade away after like fifteen minutes; but they are still burning. I can still feel them; red and hot; like they are blistering in my skin.

I ignore the pain and get out of the bathroom.

After an excruciating half an hour with Drew; Harry and their talk about fast cars (Why talk about cars when you basically fly the fastest planes in the country) we get ready for the flight.

I am re- adjusting my speakers when Drew suddenly looms on me.

"Slyvie- girl advice needed" he whispers.

"What? Now? We are gonna fly a plane in like five minutes; Drew." I hiss at Drew.

Harry is busy surveying the weather conditions at the back to notice us.

Drew gives me his lost-puppy look. God; I literally melt at the sight of those eyes.

A perfect shade of chocolate brown mixed with amber.

I sigh and give in.
"What is it?" I ask.

"See; I promised my sis that I would bring a date for her and her best friend; but I don't have a date for her bestie. So I am considering going to substitute her place. So?"

"Drew... of course you can go. Believe me-"

Drew cuts me off "Won't it be a bit awkward?" He asks.

"No; it won't. Just search her profile on the Internet; if you have her name."

"I don't have her name; but someone had tagged a blurry pic of her on insta so I checked it on Google; but no profile showed up." Drew finishes.

I sigh. "Go to the date then. It'll be fun." I say sarcastically; wanting to hit him at the same time.

* * *
We start the plane at the exact time; and everything is going according to the instructions.

We are patrolling and Harry is busy communicating to the weather - conditions satellites when suddenly then red- alarm goes off in the plane.

The red alarm. It means high danger.

Someone is attacking us. Threatening us.

I respond to the alarm.

To my surprise; it is not the usual piloting head in our department who answers it.

It is the Head of the U.S. airforce.

The Air Chief Marshall.

● ● ●