▲8▼

After a long; strenuous flight; I am finally free.

But my mind is not. The woman's voice is still ringing in my head; sending shivers through my spine.

I reach my apartment and a wave of nostalgia passes through me.

I look around my apartment rather like a penthouse due to the heavy pay I am getting by being a pilot.

The wooden flooring; peach and white wallpaper; cosy off - white sofa; the black flat screen T.V and the puoffes and little wooden tables that I have become so used to in these two years.

My small modern kitchen with white and grey streaks; and finally my room.

The pale pink blend in with the peach highlighting the off- white color of the walls and JB posters; and the soft powder blue carpet.

My cosy bed with the lilac and silver covers neatly drawn and the comfy feather pillows.

My huge wooden wardrobe with sliding doors.

And my bathroom with the big bathtub and The Body Shop products that always give out a whiff of citrus.

I sit down heavily on my bed without bothering to take out my uniform.

Why did I I have to be haunted by a spirit?
A part of my mind asks.

Because of my sins.
The other part tells me.

But if I had not done those sins; I would still be sitting in the moldy apartment back in New Zealand with the air reeking dead bodies.

And thinking about him.

              *      *     *

I clear my head and have a long bubble bath.

I change into a comfortable Purpose Tour  hoodie and black jeans as it is getting cold; and walk towards Evelyn's apartment; only a short walk through Central Park.

I keep thinking about what that woman said.

Ugh.

I need to blank my mind and continue with my life.

Two years ago; this life would still be a faraway  dream to me.

I stop at Starbucks and take a  hot cafe latte and a veggie sandwich and keep walking .

Finally ; I reach Evelyn's apartment.

It is kinda pretty and a whole lot modern.

"Hey Slyvie!"Evelyn greets me as usual as I make my way in her bedroom.

"Hi. How was your day? Mine sucked." I say; laying emphasis on the s-word.

"Okay ...actually" she says; and that's when I just can't keep things from her anymore.

"Evelyn...I am having those visions again." I begin; and tell her about the elevator incident and the thing scratched on my mirror which is still not gone."

Evelyn obviously looked shocked.

"Look" she says; her blue eyes full of worry.

"You need a break; Slyvie. A pleasant break from your work."

"Um...okay." I say; when suddenly she lets out a squeal.

"I know! We could go on a double date!!
I don't have a boyfriend and you don't; too; so...."she trails off.

"Evie I have never really dated anyone bef-" I begin; when she is already planning.

"Friday night; my brother will set us up." She says.

What about him? I think.

He might be dead already.  A part of my mind says sternly.

I agree with Evelyn mutely.

Evelyn's  brother lives at the other end of the Park; so I've never really met him; but I guess I can trust him.

After all the trauma in my life; why not a little jazz?

I let out one of my sudden smiles.

           ●       ●       ●

Liking the storyline so far?? Comment your suggestions!!!

~ xoxo
Thunderstruck ❤️❤️❤️❤️