⚜️16 ⚜️

***
So sorry you guys for not updating this story😶
The reason is that I was going through a lot of shit in my life right now; and didn't have the mentality to write😖(imagine the life of a 14 year old teenage girl) so I apologise from my heart. But yeah I will try my level best to keep updating regularly !!
***
Recap:Drew can see her. He did see her. But... how ?
***
I stare at Drew dumbfounded.
What can I tell him? That I saw her too?

I just stare agape at Drew for a while; and then cover up.
"Maybe it was a hallucination, Drew. You know; with all this stuff happening and all-"

Drew cuts me off sharply; arguing.
"So, are you saying that the bomb that we deactivated was a hallucination ?!
All that stuff we did like getting an emergency helicopter and all a mere hallucination ?!"
He bursts.

"Drew." I say; trying to soothe him; trying to make him forget that woman.

"Look. We are getting wet standing like this. I get your point. I know what happened was not our fault-"
I pause; and think I know that it was my fault.

All of it happened due to my sins. That woman-spirit messed things up because of me.
All the stuff I was trying to forget resurfaced.
All effect of the drugs is gone.

"- we just need to clear our heads; Drew. We need the ten day break we have. And I'm sure we're innocent." I finish.

Drew looks at me and sighs as we approach the parking lot.

"Need a carpool?" I ask Drew.

He nods mutely as we get into my car.
***

Everything is strangely calm and quiet during that ride.

Suddenly ; Drew's words echo in my mind.

"Let me die; Slyvia. Believe me; I want to-"

His words echo in my mind continuously and I finally take a deep breath and ask him.

"Umm Drew? I just - why did you say that you wanted to die earlier ?"
I blurt out.

Drew turns to me slowly; his face unreadable.

"I... I just had a very difficult time in my life; Slyvia. I really don't want to talk about it."
He finishes.

"Sorry". I reply; unable to say anything else.

We don't talk after that except when Drew tells me his address in an emotionless voice.

He gets out of the car; and bidding goodbye to him I start my way back to my apartment.

And that suffocating feeling grips me again.

I can't breathe. It's as if my lungs have collapsed.

My grip weakens in the steering wheel.

You are a fighter ; Mist.

A voice echoes within me.

And I can breathe again.
I take in oxygen; and freeze when I see that woman again.

A spirit; wispy and translucent on the windshield of my car; get back facing me.

"Why.... Drew?!" I barely choke out my words.

She replies in a cold ; scratchy voice.

I only trouble the people who have harmed me; Mist. I make myself visible only to people who have harmed me in my life.

And she disappears.

I can't think anything.

Drew harmed her?!

Back in New Zealand ?!

How ?!!

***

Yeah a super long chapter this time; guys!!

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!!

***