He's Awake - The 2nd Chapter

He’s Awake – The 2nd Chapter

“Some people just don't know how to mind their own business. Or rather, give up.”

As I walk my way to the school grounds, I was the only one. Well, duh, of course. I was late, so that means everyone is already in class. It’s a good thing that I’m late so that nobody needs to bother me. They only want attention that’s why they pick on the weak one.

“Um, hey!” Ah, I guess it’s pointless to go to class right now. I might just get detention for God knows how long. “Uh, hello?” Maybe I should go home instead, after all Coltin isn’t there anymore and I’ll be just watching some shows and do some other stuffs that ain’t school related. Wow, I’m getting wasted. I should’t  do that. 

“Hey, are you alright?” Someone poked my face, and I came back to reality. I stared at that person. Wow, so now someone’s bothering to talk to me? I must be dreaming. “Hey.  Are you alright?” He pinched my arm and I flinched.

“O -ow.” I said, rubbing the skin. “Ah, my bad. I thought you were dead already.” He rubbed the back of his head. “T-that’s a m-mean assumption.” I stuttered. “Uh, yeah, haha, sorry.” He gave me an apologetic look.

“I-is there s-something you w-want from me?” I asked. “Actually, there is. Well, is this the Adams School?” He asked and I nodded my head. Wahh.. somebody help me, I’m not used to people talking to me in this kind of way.  Why am I even stuttering? Stop it me!

“Yes! We finally found our way here. Hey, Liu! Come here!” The boy shouted, and then another boy who somehow resembles the boy in front of me appeared from the gates, I guess that’s Liu

“Thanks for the help! My names Jeffery, but call me Jeff. And this is my brother Liu.” He introduced themselves. “Hey.” Liu greeted. I nodded my head, is this how you communicate with people in a nice way? Or am I doing it wrong?

“I’m A-Amelia, but call me A-Amy for short.” I stuttered in a quiet tone. “Oh, well. You seem so shy.” Liu said. “Urm, it’s not that, it’s urm, uh. I’m not used to t-talk to.. s-strangers..?” I looked away and focused my gaze at the ground. Quit stuttering!

“Well, that was sort of harsh, calling us strangers, but we already introduced ourselves.” Jeff said, and I nodded my head again. “Why aren’t there any people around?” Liu asked. “Classes already started and I was about to go home.” I said a little bit fast. But hey, at least I’m not stuttering anymore. Wahh!! What am I so nervous about?!

“Hey, you need to calm down. We won’t do anything bad to you, we’re not cannibalistic you know.” Jeff said in a comforting tone. Maybe I do need to calm down. But it’s just so unusual to talk to other people, who are nice to me. I let out a long breath, and smiled at them. “Are you guys the new students?”

“Yeah.  But it’s such a bad image to show to people that we’re late on our first day here.” Jeff said. “Hey, Jeff. I’ll go ahead.” Liu then walked off. “Was he older than you?” Jeff nodded. “I see.”

A breeze of silence suddenly passed by us with a ‘whoosh’. “I better head home.” I then walked my way to the school gates in an awkward way. But then I felt like I wasn’t moving any closer to the gates. So guess what, Jeff was pulling me by my bag pack.

“Let me go.” I ordered.

“If I let you go, you’ll fall face first. So stop moving your legs.” Jeff said.

“Why? And how so?” I asked.

“Wanna see and try?” He said, I could almost hear the smirk on his face. I then stopped moving my legs.