o n e

"Anna, it's your turn now! Truth or dare?" exclaimed Natalie Anderson, the idiot who also happens to be my best friend.

"Dare," I said, full of confidence.

"Oh yes, I have a good one. Promise me that you won't back out?" Natalia asked.

"Natty, you know promises are meant to be broken. But, you know, I never back out on dares, or else my reputation is going to be ruined." I said.

"Your reputation is already ruined..." My next door neighbor Julian muttered under his breath.

I rolled my eyes and hit him on the shoulders playfully.

"Okay. Listen carefully. I dare you, Annabeth Chase, to date the ultimate next door playboy, Ashton Taylor," Natty said slowly.

"What?!" Julian and I said in unison.

"Ashton Taylor? As in my brother? You gotta be kidding me," Julian said, disbelieving.

"No, I don't kid. I meant actual date. You know the rules. If you back out, you get something even worse. I can promise you that," Natty smirked. "You will ask him tomorrow. And give it your best shot. If you don't...."

"Okay, don't even finish that sentence. I can't believe that I'm actually doing this."

Ashton Taylor is practically in love with Natalie. Everyone knows that, well, except for Natalie of course. I swear that she is oblivious to those kind of stuffs. That is how I end up dragging Ashton to the storage room during morning break.

* * * * * 

"What the hell Annabeth?" asked Ashton.

"Um. Hi," I replied awkwardly. Great way to start a conversation, Anna! I mentally slapped myself.

"If you're not going to say something, I'm going to go," Ashton said cooly.

Ugh, I can't believe I was asked to [fake] date this moron!

"Wait. Um. So basically," I took a deep breath. Okay, Annabeth Chase, there is no backing out on this one. Give it your best shot. On the bright side, he might not even accept it! He likes Natalie after all. 

"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun. The only thing that's good about me is probably is my brain, which coincidentally people find boring about. But I have to ask you this."

I took another deep breath and gathered all of my courage I had to say the words that I had never thought would be coming out of my mouth. "Ashton Taylor, can I be your girlfriend?"

Suddenly, everything became quiet. He didn't laugh, nor smile, but instead frowned. He walked towards me, and I took a step back. He stepped back and sat on the table. He didn't say anything so I continued.

"I had always envied the girls you were with." I whispered timidly.

"So you really want to be my girlfriend?" he asked, amusement obvious in his tone. I nodded. "I'll give you answer at lunch today. I nodded again and decided to ask no more. With that, he turned around and left.

* * * * *

It's lunch time now, and it will be an understatement to say that I was freaking out. I'm going crazy! What if he rejects me? How am I supposed to face my friends, especially Natalie? Julian is now at the library studying for his Calculus exam next period, and I'm at our usual table with Natalie now smirking at me, clearly know what's troubling me.

Suddenly, a fairly familiar voice came from behind my back. "Hello, my ladies. I had come to give my answers to Anna." Anna? Since when does he call me by my nickname?

"Hello Ash," Natty replied, amused.

He flashed me a sparkly smiled and turned away from us.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, can I have your attention please," Ashton said out loud. He wrapped his left arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

"I present you guys, Annabeth Chase, daughter of Riverdale's Mayor, my new girlfriend." 

----------

Author's Notes

Hey guys! Hoped you enjoyed it! This is my first book on Wattpad, and I really hope you guys could give me suggestions on how to improve! 

Next Update: Friday (11/17) or Saturday (11/18)