f o u r

I blushed. OMG! Did he just say that! Where's the Ashton that I used to know?

We chatted about literally everything during dinner. I learned that his favorite color is dark blue and his favorite food is Nutella cake. I guess we actually have something in common!

We finished dinner and arrived at my mansion. He went to my side of the car and opened the door for me. He can really be a gentleman when he wants to.

He walked me to my door. He looked at me and leaned closer. Wait, is he gonna kiss me? No way! I'm not ready for it yet!

"Hey Anna! Thanks for today, I really had fun. We should do this more often," he said. I looked at his eyes and saw that it was full of sincere.

"M-me too, Ashton. Thanks a lot," I replied. He frowned. "What?"

"It's just that you call me Ashton, not Ash. Am I really that hard to be with? Do you even like me at all? Or is it just because I'm too charming?" he teased.

Oh no, this is bad. What if he finds out that I don't actually like him at all? I'm dead! Before I could stop myself, I leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. After realizing what I did, I quickly turned around and left.

Wow, I just started a kiss!

[Ashton's POV]

"Hey Anna! Thanks for today, I really had fun. We should do this more often," I said. To my astonishment, I think I really meant what I had just said.

"M-me too, Ashton. Thanks a lot," she replied.

I frowned.

"What?" she asked.

"It's just that you call me Ashton, not Ash. Am I really that hard to be with? Do you even like me at all? Or is it just because I'm too charming?" I teased. Nice Ash! That's how you make a girl call your nickname? And you aren't even real with her! She's just for you to get Natalie! Are my feelings for Natalie fading? Am I actually falling in love with this nerd? What is wrong with me?

She didn't say anything and leaned forward. The next thing I knew, she KISSED me! Well, on the cheeks though. After that, she quickly turned around and left. I touched my cheeks and I could still feel the warmth of her lips on me and smiled.

As I was leaving, I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket.

I laughed. Did she miss me so soon already? I had just left and it haven't even been one minute yet. Wait, what the hell man? Why did I even want it to be her? To my disappoint, it's not her. It's just my brother Julian.

Home. Now.

I thought something bad had happened and quickly made an U-turn and headed back home.

I turned the doorknob, opened the door, and saw an angry Julian. Before I could even say anything, he threw a punch at my face.

"The f*ck? What the hell?" I shouted. I licked my lips and tasted iron. Blood. I was going to hit him back but he just grabbed me by my wrist.

"Ashton," he laughed coldly. "I don't know why you agreed to let Anna be your girlfriend, and hell I don't ever want to know why. Heck you even took her out and skipped class. But I'm just here to tell you that: If you ever make her cry, or let one drop of tear fall from her eyes, you will never live another day of your miserable life."

Wow, I had never seen him so cold hearted before.

"Jealous, aren't we? Why? Is it because I got the girl that you had been crushing since middle school just in one day? Wake up dude. She chose me, not you," I paused. "Everyone chooses me." After that, I slammed the door and left.