t h r e e

[Anna's POV]

Ha, Ashton Taylor. Don't think that I don't know your plan. When Annabeth is in a bet, she does her best. Trying to make me jealous? The war is on.

I arrived to school with Ashton after breakfast. As soon as we got out of his white Lamborghini Veneno, I felt every single eyes on us. He whispered goodbye in my ear and left. When I was heading towards my locker, it was as if the eyes of every girl on the hallway was on me. My phone vibrated and it was a text from Julian.

Meet me at courtyard. Lunch Time. We need to talk.

* * * * *

It's now five minutes to lunch, and I'm debating whether or not I should go meet Julian. He's obviously wants to talk to me about Ashton. My phone suddenly vibrated again.

Don't even think of not coming. I'll stay till u come.

Oh, okay then. I should probably go.

I saw Julian on the bench where we usually sat at. I walked over to him and sat down.

"Hey Julian. What's up?" I greeted him casually.

He stays quiet for a few seconds before asking.

"Why do you have to 'date' Ashton? You know that my brother's not worth it. You don't deserve him. Just because this is all fake, it doesn't mean that he couldn't hurt you,"

"It's ok Julian, it's just a dare. It's not that I like him or anything. I'll end it soon,"

"You don't get it Anna," Julian half-whispered.

"Get what?"

He paused again. I heard him took a deep breath.

"I like you Anna. It had always been you,"

I paused. I heard it correct right? The person that I had crushed on for like basically the past decade had said he freaking likes me back! My heart swooned.

He took my pause as something negative.

"I-,"

"It's okay. You don't have to give me an answer right now. But, I feel like I had to say this. I still have a chance right?" Julian asked.

"Of course," I took his hand and squeezed it. "You always had a chance." It had always been you too, Julian. But I'm sorry. I never back off from dares. It's just the way I am. I promise you, I'll end this soon.

"Do you want me to-"

"CHASEEEEEE!"

A familiar voice called out and I panicked and let go of Julian's hand quickly and stood up.

"Ashton?"

"What are you doing with him?" he said in an angry tone. "Come on, let's go!" He dragged me away.

"Sorry, Julian! Bye!" I called out. He just waved and smiled at me sadly.

Oh god. Stupid Ashton and his bad timings.

"Why?" he said angrily.

"Why what?" I asked.

"Why didn't you answer any of my calls?"

What? I took my iPhone out of my pocket and checked my notifications. I got fifteen missed calls from 'Ashhole'. {get that guys?;)}

What the hell? What an impatient guy! Fifteen calls!

I started laughing and he glared at me.

"What? Why are you always laughing?"

"You're like a cute little boy asking for mommy. I mean, fifteen calls!" I said.