Chapter 3: Seeing the Campus

The bus from Monstropolis pulled up to the bus stop for the MU campus.

"Monsters University! Anybody getting off?" the bus driver called.

Y/N and Mike stood from their seat with their luggage in their hands and just before Y/N could get off the bus, Mike began speaking.

"Well, everyone, I don't mean to get emotional, but everything in Y/N's and my life have led to this moment. Let it not be just the beginning of our dreams but the beginning of all of your dreams. Gladys, promise me you'll keep auditioning. Marie, Mr. Right is out there somewhere. Phil, keep using the ointment till that thing goes away. We wish you all the best. Thank you all so much!" he said.

Y/N rolled her eyes and chuckled at his goodbye to the passengers.

"Mike, you're getting off the bus, not running for office," she remarked.

"Y/N, they need to know how much we appreciate them," Mike stated.

"I'm welling up with tears. Now, get off," the bus driver ordered.

They got off and took their first step on the campus. They looked around as the other monsters were doing their own thing. They stopped as Mike pulled out his list.

"Okay! First thing on my list, get registered," Mike read aloud.

"You made your own personal list?" Y/N asked.

"Yes. I'm surprised you didn't," he commented.

"Oh, I did. It's just in my head and I don't need a piece of paper to remember it," she teased.

"Haha. Very funny," Mike said, rolling his eye.

"I try to be," Y/N replied, flipping her hair sassily.

"Hey there, freshmen. I'm Jay the R.A., and I'm here to say that registration is thataway!" Jay remarked over enthusiastically.

"Okay, Jay," Mike responded while Y/N just nodded.

"Have a great first day," Jay said as they walked off.

Y/N and Mike got in line where their last names would be.

"Hey, I'm Kay! Here's your orientation packet," Kay greeted with the same enthusiasm.

"Thanks, Kay," Mike thanked.

"You can drop your bags off here and get your picture taken with Trey," Kay informed.

Meanwhile, Y/N was going through  the exact same thing.

"Hey, I'm Ray! Here's your orientation packet!" Ray did the same.

"Thanks, Ray!" Y/N answered.

"You can drop your bags off here and get your picture taken with Trey," Ray informed.

"Say hooray!" Trey said.

"Hooray!" they both answered when it was their turn.

They got their IDs and regrouped. Y/N's was normal while Mike's looked like it only got the top half of his eye and up.

"I can't believe it. We're officially college students!" Mike yelled.

"Yeah we are!" Y/N added.

"Okay, everyone, I'm Fay, and I'll be giving you your orientation tour on this perfect day!" Fay remarked, leading the freshmen around the campus.

They were first taken to this lab.

"Here are the labs where students learn to design and build the doors to the human world," Fay said.

They looked to see students carving closet doors. Then they went to see an experimental room where a professor and student were in protective suits.

"Looks like the professor is about to test a door!" Fay exclaimed.

They looked to see the professor open the door to show a child sleeping. Then they cut through the cafeteria.

"The MU cafeteria serves a full buffet, three meals a day. I personally believe we have some of the best chefs in the world," Fay replied.

One of the lunchroom workers grabbed a garbage can and dumped the garbage on the counter, making the monsters in line grab away.

"The campus offers a wide variety of majors, but the crown jewel of MU is the Scaring School," Fay finished.

Mike and Y/N saw where their classes would be and smiled.

"Just think, Y/N. After we graduate, we'll be the greatest Scarers of all time," Mike said.

"Yeah. I can't wait and I know you can't either," Y/N stated.

"You got that right," Mike responded.

They fist bumped and went to look at all the clubs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Things are pretty good so far for you two. So you ready to check out the clubs?