Chapter 23: Scaring and Confessions

Mike practiced his roars in front of the mirror in their room while Sulley just laid on his bed, deep in thought.

"We're going to win this thing tomorrow, Sull, I can feel it! We'll finally have our lives back on track," Mike said, holding his hat and sitting on his bed.

"Hey, Mike? You know, you've given me a lot of really great tips. I'd love to return the favor some time," Sulley offered.

"Oh. Yeah, sure. Anytime," Mike responded.

Sulley immediately got off his bed and moved things around to where they had enough room.

"We're doing this now?" Mike asked, getting off his bed.

"Okay. You've memorized every textbook, every Scare Theory, and that is great," Sulley replied, holding a book then tossing it out the window.

"Hey!" Mike exclaimed.

"But now it's time to forget all that. Just reach deep down and let the scary out!" Sulley said.

"Huh. Just feel it," Mike guessed.

"Exactly. Go wild," Sulley remarked.

"I don't know. I've kind of got my own technique," Mike stated.

"Give it a try," Sulley insisted.

Mike shrugged and growled.

"Good, but bigger!" Sulley instructed.

Mike jumped and growled a little more ferociously.

"Nope. You're thinking again. From the gut!" Sulley advised.

Mike flipped and snarled.

"Let the animal out!" Sulley yelled.

Mike brought the lamp to his face and snarled savagely.

"Come on! Dig deep!" Sulley shouted.

Mike roared loudly until Miss Squibbles got onto them.

"Boys! It's a school night!" she scolded.

Mike then looked back at Sulley and asked, "So, how was that?"

"Up top," Sulley answered, holding up his paw.

"Ha-ha!" Mike laughed, they high-fived, and he stated as he went to bed, "You know, it did feel different! I feel like it's all coming together. Yup, this time tomorrow the whole school is finally going to see what Mike Wazowski can do."

"You're darn right," Sulley chuckled, but he still had his doubts.

Then he heard a knock and he quietly got down to answer it. He opened the door to see Y/N in her pjs.

Sulley chuckled and commented, "Nice pajamas

Sulley chuckled and commented, "Nice pajamas."

Y/N crossed her arms and said, "Nice to see you too. Can we talk?"

He nodded, stepped out, closed the door, and leaned against the wall.

"What's up?" he asked.

Y/N sighed, leaned against the other wall, and answered, "I wanted to ask you what you and Hardscrabble talked about earlier tonight. I noticed that what she said really affected you."

Sulley didn't know what to say for a minute, but he decided it would be better if she knew.

"She still thinks that Mike's not scary and told me that you're not disciplined enough to be a Scarer. And even though I told her she was wrong about you, I keep thinking that maybe what she said about Mike was true," Sulley explained.

Y/N was a little taken back by this, but she remembered something. So she decided to confess what she felt.

"Sulley, I'm going to tell you something that I've never told anyone, not even Mike," she said.

"Okay," Sulley responded.

Y/N took a deep breath and explained, "When we were growing up, I had tiny doubts about Mike becoming a Scarer. There were even times that I wanted to tell him why I felt this way. But I also felt that he does have a shot of becoming a Scarer, just buried deep within a small monster. I also knew that our brother/sister-like relationship was worth more than becoming the greatest Scarers ever."

Now it was Sulley's turn to be taken back by something she said.

"Wow, Y/N. I never knew you felt that way," he admitted.

"I have for a while. But after everything that's happened, the doubts are gone. They have been since you and Mike became friends," she said.

"I can see that," Sulley remarked.

"Yeah," Y/N nodded then replied, "And there's one more thing I need to say."

She stepped forward and gently grabbed his paws. Sulley stood up straight as he held her hands.

"No matter what happens tomorrow, I just wanted you to know that you have made this the best year of school I've ever had and I'll never forget it," she smiled.

Sulley returned it as he caressed her cheek with his right paw.

"I was going to tell you the same thing," he said then smirked as he looked at her pajamas, then added, "Do you really love monster hugs?"

Y/N rolled her eyes and answered, "Yeah."

They hugged, but when they parted, they couldn't remove their eyes from the other for a minute. There was nothing but silence for that moment. Then they started to slowly lean in and their lips finally touched. They moved perfectly in sync as Y/N placed her right hand on his chest and her left arm under his right arm, letting her hand rest on his shoulder. He put his hand on her cheek as he wrapped his right arm around her waist. This lasted for a while until they finally parted and let their foreheads rest on the other and gazed into each other's eyes.

"Good night, James P. Sullivan," she whispered.

"Good night, Y/N M/I M/L/N," he whispered back.

She gave him a quick kiss and they both went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh snap! You and Sulley kissed! 😃😘😃😘 I love it! Now onto the last event!