Chapter 32: Getting Back, Horror Movie Style

The police entered the cabin and looked around. First, they heard a squeak and looked to see an electric fan. Then they felt a gust of wind and looked to see an open window as the wind gently blew the curtains. As soon as they all made it in the middle of the room, Mike and Sulley looked at Y/N (who were all on the beams of the ceiling) and Mike counted down. On three, she slammed the door.

Then a record played and a baby doll with a windup on her back walked across the floor, saying "Mama" over and over again until it hit a bunk and fell, the voice fading. Then Mike ran across the floor, catching their attention. As he did so, Sulley and Y/N would scratch the floor and walls. But when the cops tried to turn to look at Mike, Sulley lifted him back on the ceiling.

"Now what?" Sulley asked.

"Phase two," Mike whispered.

Mike signaled Y/N to the back bunk. She made it there without being spotted and hid under it. She shook it violently then tipped it over, making the others fall in a domino effect. They let out screams.

Back at the university, the light on the door flickered a little. Hardscrabble looked at it in confusion.

The closet flickered, letting Mike know it was working. Y/N made it back to the ceiling.

"Are you ready?" Mike asked Sulley.

"Guys, I can't," Sulley shook his head.

"Yes, you can," Mike insisted.

"Stop being a Sullivan and start being you. Because that's the monster I love," Y/N said.

Sulley looked at Y/N with wide eyes. She nervously smiled and he just smirked back and nodded.

While the police were calling for backup, Mike went down and tied fishing line on one end of a bunk bed. He ran quickly, wrapping another end of another bunk and ran back. The police almost caught him until he hid in time. He let Sulley know it was his turn. Y/N went beside Mike as Sulley jumped to the floor. The police started backing up and Y/N yanked on the line, tripping them up. Sulley roared ferociously, making them scream.

Back at the school, every light in the building flickered like crazy. The light for the door came on as Hardscrabble even witnessed all the canisters filling with scream energy.

Sulley finished roaring at the cops as they scrambled out the open window.

Then each canister started releasing the energy and shot off like rockets. The door even started to crack.

"Guys, come on!" Y/N yelled.

The light on the door cracked and Hardscrabble hid behind one of the carts with canisters. The door exploded and the three monsters made it out. Sulley protected Y/N as they jumped as Mike did the same. When they looked up, Hardscrabble looked at them quite shocked. They turned to see the destroyed door and Mike saw his hat was totally burned up.

"How? How did you do this?" Hardscrabble asked Sulley.

"Don't ask me," he answered.

She looked at Y/N, who pointed at Mike. She looked at Mike, still surprised at what just happened. Then a door-shaped hole was cut away through the metal and then was knocked down. The CDA ran inside.

"Move, move, move! This is a 54-23 in progress," one of them shouted as more came in and escorted Mike, Y/N, and Sulley out of the room.

"All right, everybody, clear out," another said.

"Secure the perimeter. No child breach. Repeat: No child breach," a third informed.

Once out of the room, the students didn't look too happy.

"You ruined our doors!" one scolded.

"I've been working on my door all semester!" another complained as security moved them out of the way.

"Let's go, you three," a CDA member told them.

Then they approached the rest of the Oozmas and they were relieved to see them.

"You're alive!" Squishy exclaimed happily.

"We are so glad you're safe," Don told them.

Hardscrabble was still in shock at what happened.

"Hey, wait!" Terry called.

"What's going to happen to them?" Terri asked.

"That's for the university president to decide. But you can be sure we'll be watching these three. Always watching," the number 1 monster said as they all left the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Whoa! You guys made it back in the most awesome way possible. But what will happen to you three?