♥31. His Performance In Hacksaw Ridge ♥

I'm gonna be honest here..

The Hacksaw Ridge Movie was the most incredible story i've ever discovered.

When i first heard about it, it was on some website that said.

''The Amazing Spider-Man's Andrew Garfield to star in World War II Drama''

I had no idea what the movie was going to be at that time.

Until the summer of last year, it was when i found out about it.

and i was so shocked to find out that he was going to be in this.

Because whenever i think of a war movie, i think of American Sniper, Saving Private Ryan, and Pearl Harbor.

Yes, the Historic and Real True Story ones.

And yes i know what Dunkirk is. But i haven't seen it.

Besides the point.

I never sat through a War Movie, Wonder Woman actually does sort of count because Diana fought in World War I. but that was the second War Movie i've seen. Hacksaw Ridge was first.

The reason why i made this one of the 100 reasons is, Andrew is a real talented actor and i wanted to talk about this and his Spider-Man.

I cried through out this entire Movie!

I did see it like 8 / 9 times already! i can't believe that this story actually happened!

and his speech during the trial scene was so powerful!

The way Desmond held on to his faith during the World War II was so brave! because i love how he did follow the Ten Commandments and for a reason

The way Desmond held on to his faith during the World War II was so brave! because i love how he did follow the Ten Commandments and for a reason. Never kill.

After he hit his brother Harold with the brick when they were kids. that was when he turned to faith, to promise not to kill.

also.

The reason why he couldn't use a gun and the reason why he didn't believe in violence is because of the whole thing where Desmond's father kept on beating up him and the brother. the mother too. and that scene where he gets the gun on the father. There's a reason for everything. and finding out this was the reason why he didn't want to use the gun. i was shocked!

So many thoughts came to my head, why didn't he want to use a gun or something like that?
Maybe he wasn't allowed to. maybe because of his religion, or he hated them? nope. it was the whole thing in the flashbacks.

When i first saw the fight between Desmond and his father over him beating the mother. i thought it was a bad dream. the part really scared me. because i was so nervous during this movie.

Andrew's performance was worth it!