Chapter Eighteen

Ok this is random, but I'm excited to finish this story up because I'm actually working on a new one! I'm writing as many chapters right now for that one so it'll be ready to get when this is finish. On the note of talking about finishing this story— there's probably only 12-15 chapters left! I appreciate all of the support you guys have given me. This is the first story I've written since I was like sixteen back in 2013. You guys are awesome!!

It was very early, too early

It was very early, too early. I just arrived at my mother's house for the interview that I was no where near prepared for. I walked up the large stone steps that lead to her door. Before I had the chance to knock the large door was opened. I entered and Diana was walking down the stairs, looking completely ready in her beautiful, navy blue, cocktail dress.

She looked at me disapprovingly, her mouth turned downwards. "What are you wearing?" Disgust clear in her tone as she eyed me up and down.

I looked down at the simple black maxi dress I had thrown on this morning. I didn't know how to dress for anything like this. "Clothes," I stupidly answered to just to get under her skin.

She rolled her eyes at me and went to reach for my arm, but I took a step back. "Well come on, you need to really get dressed." She turned to walk up the stairs, her heels clicking against the floor.

I followed her up the stairs and into the bedroom I was supposed to be staying in when I first arrived. There was a hanging rack across the room with a few dresses hung up. I walked over to it and examined each one. I arched a brow when seeing each of them. They were all very her.

I looked back to my mother as she was approaching me. "I like that blue one," she pointed to the dress most similar to hers.

"Of course you do," I muttered under my breath. I turned the rack again. I looked through each one again and notice the two piece outfit that hung on a hanger together. It was a blushed tone top with a floral printed skirt that seemed to be more form fitting. I grabbed the hanger and slung the clothes in front of me to view it in the mirror. "What about this one?"

She walked over to me, standing behind as she looked at me through the mirror with a slight tilt to her head. "It's not as nice as the blue one, but it'll do." She said before walking away. "I'll be back in an hour." She called out before closing the door.

I was left with her hairdresser and makeup artist to get completely done up. I was surprised at how quickly they were able to get it done. But her hairdresser, Molly, was much snobbier than I'd like to deal with at this time. She kept making comments about, and I quote, my "dull brown hair".

When they left I quickly got dressed. I finished zipping the skirt up and walked over to the mirror to examine myself. My hair was in big curls that framed my face. My makeup was stunning, the eyeliner slightly winged. She put on a nude lipstick with just a little bit of gloss. The outfit itself was gorgeous. I slipped on my nude heels, completing the look.