Chapter Twenty Six

Guys this is so random but I want a donut so bad. Like a double chocolate one from Dunkin Donuts omg
ALSO A PSA FOR YOU ALL
I WILL NOT BE WRITING A SEX SCENE. There are just far too many young readers to do that. That being said— eventually there will be some steamier parts, but in like, a tasteful PG-13 sort of way. Sorry if that disappoints anyone I just want to make this readable for many different ages. But if you're like 13 and uncomfortable with any sort of sexual content well... this isn't the story for you lol

We got home late that night. It had been so much fun spending time with his family and a few friends. It was a small get together, but I loved it. The only thing I would have changed is that my family would be there.

I had called Nora earlier to tell her it was official. She was happy, but sad for the same reason I was. Julia still wasn't talking to me so I was trying to give her the space she wanted. I couldn't blame her for being angry. I would be if the roles were reversed.

My father luckily still had no idea what was happening. I hated lying to him, but we all agreed as a family that it's what was best.

I stepped out of the elevator with my hand in Alexander's warm one. He hadn't left me side the whole night. Even if our marriage was arranged, it didn't feel like it.  I had fallen for Alex despite all the negative things surrounding us. He was kind and gentle. Everything you could want in a partner.

Alex lifted our arms, twirling me around gently before bringing me into his chest. "We did it," He said triumphantly.

I nodded, locking my arms around his neck. "You're stuck with me for now." I joked.

His eyes softened as he lifted his hand to caress my cheek. I instinctively leaned into his touch. "Forever," I furrowed my eyebrows slightly at his words. "Ana, I don't want to let you go. You showed me something I thought I could never have. I love you, Anastasia. I want you to be mine for the rest of my life because I can't even see myself without you."

His words wrapped around me and held me tight. I was thankful he had his arms supporting me. "I love you too," My voice croaked at the last part. I would have never guessed something so wonderful could come from something so terrible. I was in love with Alexander.

Alex's smile widened before he leaned down to kiss me, his hands holding my face. His lips tenderly caressed mine and his hands moved down to pull me closer by my hips.

I ran my fingers around his hair, trying to bring him even closer to me. I tugged on the ends and he groaned in approval. His tongue swiped along my bottom lip after nipping it lightly with his teeth. I opened, letting him deepen our kiss.

Alexander broke our kiss for a moment to carry me bridal style. I yelped slightly at his sudden movement, but was quickly pacified by his kisses again.

I didn't even realize we had left the living room until I was being laid down on a bed. His bed. He hovered over me, gazing down. "Ana, we can take things slow—"

I pulled him down to me, shushing him with my kiss. I didn't want to go slow now. I wanted him and I knew he wanted me too as he pressed his body into mine.

He broke away and peppered kisses down my jaw and neck. "I want you," He huskily said against my skin. His words sent chills to spike throughout my body. "Tell me to stop." His words were strained and I knew he was trying his best to contain himself.

"I want you too," My voice was barely audible. But from his stillness I knew that he did in fact hear me.

He looked at me once again, his eyes darkened with want. "Are you sure?"