Chapter 20: The Bad Girl Races

Anyone getting heart attacks by these uploads?

Alex's POV

"Everything set?" Jared asked, as we loaded the last case of beer into the back of Tino's truck.

"Yep. Cars have arrived already. Food has begun getting set up." I replied. Jared turned to me suspiciously.

"You're all smiles this morning." He stated.

"It's been a good morning... and it's about to be a good day." I replied.

"Was it a good night with lover boy too?" Jared asked, sending me a wink.

"That's none of your business." I replied. He gave me another chuckle before we both got into the car and headed off.

My mind wandered back to last night as my fingers touched my lips...

Christian's hands gripped my thighs tighter, and I let out an involuntary moan as his teeth lightly tugged on my lower lip. That gave him the chance he needed to slip his tongue into my mouth. He tasted like peppermint, and the cooling sensation was unexpected yet amazing as he trailed the ridges of my molars with it. I pulled him even further into me, if that was possible. The music continued around us, and it only added to the intensity as every part of my body felt like it was on fire.

When we finally pulled away to catch our breath, I wasn't even sure what day it was anymore. "Fuck." he whispered lightly against my lips. "I think that's the most I've felt in some time now." I could feel my face heating up. my hands gently slid from around his neck to cup the side of his face. His skin felt just as smooth as it looked.

He leaned forward into my touch, before slowly setting me back down onto the ground. I stood up on my toes to place one more soft kiss on his lips, and lingered a little longer than I expected to, before pulling away. a smile crept up on both our faces....

"Hey dickhead." Jared called out, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What, ass wipe?" I shot back.

"We're here."

I glanced up from my lap to see the familiar grounds. We had the entertainment stage set up already, along with the food tents nearby. The cars were parked in the paved lots that lead up to the road we were to be racing on. People had already began to flood in for the free liquor. Jared was right to have us bring more, cause the turn out was larger than either of us expected.

-

The day continued on without a hitch. Racers arrived towards the evening to either show off their ride, or prep their car for tonight. We had inspections done all morning by Tino's team to make sure the race was fair, and when evening finally rolled around, the cars were parked forward on the wide road in preparation for the first set of races. Cameras were set up through the entire route to broadcast the race back to the grounds.

I pulled the safety box out from under the glove compartment of Tino's truck, and retrieved the flare gun. My mind wandered back to the first race my father had ever brought me to. I remembered how mesmerizing and different it was at night. The flare gun that they would shoot off to start the race was my favorite part. This would be the first time I'd personally get to do it. It sounded small, I know, but the sentimental value behind it wasn't.

I made my way over to the starting area of the race. The purr of all those beautiful cars as they roared to life, was just shy of orgasmic. I stood in the free lane area, in front of the  cars as the drivers got ready. "On your mark..." I started, "Get set... Go!" I shot off the flare gun into the sky. As soon as the loud shot went off, cars whizzed past me with incredible speed as they took off down the vacant road. My heart was beating sporadically from the rush as I made my way back over to Jared. "That will go down in history as one of the greatest things I have ever done. Ever."

"It's a rush, isn't it? makes running this whole thing twenty times better." Jared replied. I nodded my head, unable to wipe the grin from my face as we both took a seat in the stands and watched the race on the large screens.

-

Christian's POV

I rushed to switch my shoes from my dancers to sneakers while starting my car. I was already late for Alex's race, and I didn't want to miss seeing her in action all together. As soon as the last lace was tied, I took off down the street and towards the destination of the address Alex had texted me.

When I arrived at the racing grounds, I was taken back by just how big this event was. There was large stadium lights set up around the giant screens that were currently showing the end of the last race. I noticed Alex get into her vehicle as the racers prepared for the last round. I ran up over to the starting area and knocked on Alex's window while she was getting it situated. She jumped slightly, then rolled it down for me. "You made it." She smiled.

I smiled back.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." We heard the warning call for the race, and before Alex could say anything else, I dipped my head down through her window and pulled her in for a quick kiss. "Kick some ass out there." I whispered against her lips before pulling away. She sent me a large smile as she rolled her window back up and got strapped in. I made my way over to Jared by the large screens as the final call was made for the race.

"Good to see you made it out in time. Alex was worried." Jared nodded to me.

"Yeah, I was held up at the studio. I'm happy I was able to get here in time as well. How's it looking for her?"

"She's got some tough times to beat tonight. She's only racing once tonight because she had to host the event as well. All the other racers here get three races total to try and outdo their time." Jared explained. I bit my lip nervously. That didn't sound too good.

"On your mark..." The lady announced as she stood at the beginning of the race with a flare gun in hand."Get set.. Go!" Had I of blinked, I would of missed it. The cars took down the road with incredible speed, and before I knew it, they were out of sight. Everyone turned to the screen to watch the live footage of the race. Alex's car was in lead almost instantly. She took the tight turns with impeccable control.

"She's killing it." I whispered to my self. Jared heard it and nodded.

"Truly a prodigy." He replied.

The car took one more tight turn with perfection, but this time, another car began to gain lead. It was pulling up on the right side of Alex as she started to turn right. The turn looked much sharper than the previous, but she seemed to maintain control of it. It was the second car that started to struggle. I saw Jared's knuckles whiten from the grip on his beer as we witnessed the car besides Alex's start to lose control.

The driver jerked the wheel right too quickly, and his front wheels lost their traction completely. They dislodged themselves from the steering and the front of his car rammed into the side of Alex's vehicle.

Jared was on his feet immediately. We all watched quietly as Alex struggled to straighten the car, but it was too late. The force from the second car sent her car rolling down the road. The rest of the drivers quickly pulled over to the side of the road and ran over to Alex's car that was now flipped over a few hundred meters ahead.

"Alex..." Jared whispered in shock as we both stared at the screen, with a loss for words.