Chapter 24: The Bad Girl Says Her Hello's

1 month, 18 days, 14 hours, and 11 minutes later

Christian's POV
My body laid in bed awake. It was yet another sleepless night that had found me.

Alex hadn't called yet.

Alex hadn't called yet and it was a few weeks past when she was supposed to be back. I couldn't help but freak out. Jared had said he had no updates for me when I stopped by the shoppe last week. I knew he thought I probably looked like shit, and I did. My eyes had bags underneath them. My hair had grown out far past something socially acceptable. I just didn't have the motivation to do much of anything anymore.

The gala event went well. I was meant to perform but my brother had made it home just in time to do so himself. My parents didn't protest.

I heard a motorcycle come down the street. Yet another thing that reminded me of Alex.

My parents picked up on my distance almost instantly. They knew I cared a great deal about Alex, and for once in my entire existence, they let me take a break from dancing. It was only for a few weeks, but I had never seen my parents show that type of mercy.
Not with me.
Not with my brother.
Not when it came to dancing.

I felt my phone vibrate from inside my pocket and I brought it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked, slightly confused.
It was now almost 3 o'clock in the morning.

"I heard you didn't dance at the Gala. That better not have been because of me, you twat."

My body jolted up in bed. I think my heart had stopped pumping blood entirely.

"Alex?" I whispered into the line.

"In the flesh. Come outside." She called into the line, before hanging up.

When I tell you I almost ran out into the street with nothing but fucking tweety bird boxers on... it was the last minute stop by the laundry room that stopped me from making a complete fool out of myself.

There, at the bottom of my long driveway, was a parked motorcycle. Alex was standing besides me with her helmet held at her waist. She was in a tight leather jacket, with some leather black clothes, leather leggings, and leather boots. She looked like she had lost more weight, which concerned me, but she looked good.

Really fucking good.
I was basically drooling at this point with her one braid pulled to her right side.

She grinned up at me as I ran down the driveway and pulled her in for an immediate kiss. When her lips touched mine, I almost sighed in pleasure. This was what I missed. Her lips on mine as she kissed me back with such fierceness.

I finally pulled away for air, but her eyes were still closed in a trance. I then pulled her into my arms. Her scent has the same. It was familiar. It was hers. She hugged me back tighter.

"Why the fuck didn't you call me." I whispered against her hair.

"Element of surprise, duh." She replied. As I pulled away, her expression changed when she saw mine. "I had to do a few weeks of therapy. I didn't want you to see me on crutches, or with a cane. Definitely not a motherfucking walker. I wanted you to see me like this. I wanted my first time seeing you to be a ride on my bike... so what do you say?" She asked me, handing me her helmet.

"Tino said you wouldn't be able to ride, though." I stated. She gave me a shrug.

"Tino also said I couldn't date until the age of 29. I mean if you want to start adhering by Tino's words now..." she started, backing away.

I slipped that helmet on so fast.

"I'm taking it slow, though." she admitted, climbing onto the bike. I climbed on right behind her. Instead of replying, my hands found their way around her small frame as the bike roared to life, and she pulled out onto the street.