Episode 144 - Special Exam End

Previously:

Friday, the last day of Muni entrance exams, Special exam. As it turns out, the Spell Replicating exam Kiel chose was not designed to test spell replicating ability, but rather, to test for a special talent that can only be revealed through the process of spell replicating. Kiel is tasked to spell replicate several artifacts, including Clay Mines. Unfortunately, an accident happens while testing his Clay Mines and an explosion occurs. Examiners are thankfully fine but they start arguing with each other. They give Kiel a final artifact, whose enchantment he doesn't need to replicate but to just draw it out. However, Kiel finds that the enchantment is too small and he can't sense it clearly with his mana sense. While Kiel is stressing out, Elaru can feel his panic and wants to help him, however, the anti-cheating contract they had signed prevents them from communicating. So she comes up with an idea to break it as a part of her special exam and shocks the trio of old men with her ability.

* * *

The three simultaneously bowed down deeply and yelled. "Master! Thank you for accepting this one as your disciple!"

Elaru, who had been forced to remain sitting there, waiting for her body to recover, felt as if a lightning struck her from the clear sky. What is this?! How come no one ever asked me if I agree with this arrangement?!

"Don't you worry, master. I am a man of my word. I'll go prepare my tuition fee right away." Beard rubbed his hands in glee thinking about what gem he had accidentally managed to pick up on these exams.

"Master, don't you worry about the seniority. I'll go talk to the head of division right away to make you an honorary head of the Spell Breaking department." Eyebrows rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Better tie this one down before other departments stretched out their greedy paws.

"Hey, hey! Don't make such a decision on your own!" Elaru's protests fell on deaf ears. "I am not accepting disciples!"

Episode 144 – Special Exam End

"Master, listen! I have many nice things I can add as my tuition fee. I even have a grandson who is single, you see. A son too, if you prefer mature men." Mustache smiled widely, showing his sparkling white teeth that looked nowhere near his actual age. Beard's body shook, with his long beard waving left and right like a ribbon, he turned to stare at Mustache in abject disbelief: "Shameless!", then he spun around to face Elaru and added hastily: "I have two grandsons. It's two for one deal. Think about it carefully. Marry one as a husband, get the other one for free. They are both handsome and healthy, lots of stamina. Well-bred lads, you won't be disappointed."

Elaru's protests died in her throat and she stared at the trio dumbfounded.

"Look at how low you've fallen. Humph!" Eyebrows snorted derisively at the shameless duo. He turned towards Elaru, proudly raised his chin, and spoke up: "My youngest grandson is the best looking of the lot and has just reached maturity. What's more, there is no need to marry him, he'd be more than happy to just warm the bed. I'll even throw in my great grandson as a freebie. He is a bit young, but give him a couple of years and he'll be ripe for plucking."

Mustache almost pulled out his mustache in shock. "Can you be any more shameless!! He is three years old!"

"Don't listen to him! He is just jealous that his grandsons aren't as good as mine. Too old." Eyebrows smiled jovially at Elaru. "Why would a lovely lady such as yourself go for a couple of old guys when you can get a couple of healthy young virgins."

"Whose grandsons aren't as good as yours?!" Beard got agitated and pulled out his wallet. As soon as he opened it a long string of folded pictures unfurled like a ribbon. "Look how powerful mine are! Look at those large swords! These are real hotblooded men! Fine mages too."