Chapter 4 Shifting

(A/N hope you enjoy this chapter :) )

Emmaline's POV

I walked towards the woods, going to my secret paradise that my parents found. If you were wondering, no, my siblings doesn't know about this place. My parents only showed this place to me because they knew I liked getting alone some place beautiful without anyone bothering me.

It was hidden very well with all the tall green trees covering the colorful ones from the paradise. The trees was like a gate and there's poison oak on them so no one can climb over it, they would have to find the secret opening, which would be very hard to find if you didn't know exactly where it is.

I walked inside the cave that was covered with thick vines, went inside, got out the other side of the cave and into my beautiful, colorful paradise.

The moon was shining a pale light in the sky which made it feel relaxing with the warm wind that was blowing gently. It feels much more peaceful in here. I should have just lived in here when they started beating me up. I could survive just by eating fruit from the trees and bushes.

I walked to the pond that was on the middle of the paradise and looked at my reflection, there I saw a girl who had pain and sadness but at the same time, it also had strength to move on in her eyes. Her straight, black hair was soaked and tangled and her lips were dry. That girl was me.

I stripped from my clothes and went in the water. It was cool and refreshing.

'I wish I could stay here forever.' I told Rain.

'Yeah.. Me too.' She replied.

'Hey, Rain?'

'Yeah?'

'How are you feeling?'

'Like I was rejected by mate and then I see him making out with my sister.'

'I feel like moving on. I could be with anyone I want. I'm young, wild and free.'

'But that's the thing, I want to be with my mate.'

'Aww, come on Rain.'

She was silent.

Suddenly, a sharp pain came from my body. It felt like I was on fire. The cool water didn't help so I got out and curled into a ball, waiting for the horrible pain to go away. I could hear my bones cracking. What is happening!? The pain is probably worse than my beatings. It fricking hurts like a b*tch.

A few moments later, the pain went away in a snap of a finger. I just stayed, lying on the silky grass then got up on all fours. Wait.. What!? I shifted!?

Looking at my reflection on the water, I saw a white wolf with blue eyes from my human form. My eyes were very noticeable, it was beautiful. (A/N pic on the side) Then I realized that white wolves were rare. And I mean VERY rare. You can only find a white wolf every millennium. If Ethan ever finds out about my wolf, he would want to get me back. Ha! But no, I won't show my beautiful wolf to anyone, they don't deserve to see it. I'll just continue acting as if I haven't shifted yet.

'Good idea.' Rain agreed.

~~~~

The next day

I had fallen asleep in my paradise and I woke up in the middle of the day. Oh my gosh! I'm really be late for school! I ran to the pack house, up to the attic, or as I call my bedroom, got changed to a loose shirt and jeans and was about to get out the door when I felt pain. It wasn't like the pain that I felt when I shifted, it was something else. My heart ached so much, I don't even know why but it hurt so much that it got be down to my knees.

Just when I thought the pain was gone, another pain came but this time it was in my neck, the place where I was meant to be marked by my mate. Mate.. Oh.. I guess I know why I'm feeling this pain now. He's 'having fun' and marked someone, someone that is not me. Now that I knew it was him, I felt our bond weaken ten times more compared to that rejection.

That's it. I can't handle it anymore. I'm leaving. For good.

Reject me? I'll reject youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें