6

As the boys and I all get ready to
paintball, I try to find the largest sweatshirt I have. Why you may ask? If you've never played paintball, then I guess you don't know how much it hurts getting shot with paint. I've never gone through the experience yet, but when my father was still alive (he died of skin cancer), he used to take me with him so he could play. It was his favorite game. It was fun for me too, watching him from his phone as a camera was strapped on his body. And when he came out, he had bruises everywhere, everytime.

Once I have found the largest sweatshirt I had, I put on some yoga pants, the sweatshirt, and tie my hair back.  I walk into the living room seeing Jack sitting on the couch wearing something similar to me.

"I can see you know how to dress for paintball. You sure you haven't played before?" "My dad used to take me so he can play, and I will always remember how he dressed and where he hid, because I would watch from his phone as a camera was strapped on body" "That's so cool. I need to play with him someday" "...you can't." "Well why no-" "WHO'S READY TO GET BRUISES BOYS AND GIRL!" Logan yells cutting Jack's sentence off as he runs into the room. "I'll tell you later" I whisper.

When we arrive at the paintball arena, I think about how I forgot to mention my father passed. I'm not sure how the boys will respond, but I just hope they don't treat me differently like I'm suffering or something.

We all get our gear on, making sure our body is protected. Once we all are dressed, a worker directs us to the guns. Jack tells me to pick his favorite gun, because according to his words, it has good aim and easy to use. 

The worker then directs us to the arena. "Alright everybody," he starts to say, "Teams or individual?" "Teams" Logan tells the man. "Do you have them picked out?" "Not yet, we can do that now" 

Logan looks at all of us. "Alright I'm picking teams because I paid" he says with a smile. "Brendan and me, Jonah and Corbyn, Daniel and Zach, Jack and Charlotte" 

I look at Jack who has a smile on his face aswell. "Got the teams? Great." the man opens a door leading us outside. The arena has a lot of obstacles, more than the arena my dad used to play in. We all take a mask and put it on. I stand next to Jack as everyone else pairs with their partner. Three other workers come outside. As the other workers show the other pairs where to go, Jack and I follow the man who helped us this whole time. 

While standing behind an obstacle, the man explains the rules. "Do you guys have extra layers on?" I shake my head as Jack does the same. "Well then, make sure you don't get hit too many times" the man walks away as I get nervous. "Don't worry, I'll protect you from everyone" Jack says.

I hear a noise as Jack and I stay behind the obstacle. Jack tells me we can go. I start running behind Jack as I already hear obstacles being blasted. As we stand behind another obstacle, I look around seeing a dirt road leading into the other side of the arena. "Can we go that way?" I whisper to Jack. "Yea, let's go" Jack grabs my arm and pulls me as we run to the other side of the arena. 

(A/N - I just wanna say I've never played paintball so don't judge if I made something up) *sorry for any incorrect spelling*