Chapter X

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in like a week. I went away for awhile, but I'm back! Also, this chapter is dedicated to Raluk2907 who is going to make a cover for me soon! ^_^

Ten

PROFESSOR X AND the other X-Men called my brother and I down to the basement the next day. I already knew what this was about, but I didn't tell Oscar. He'd find out soon enough. He kept asking me what's going on, though.

    "Andi, what's going on? Are we in trouble? What did you do? Why do they need me?" It was very annoying. I know he's a little kid, but I thought he said he was smart. Maybe that's why he's so smart. He questions everything.

    We walked to the hanger, where the ship was. I wasn't sure why we were meeting in there. Maybe it was the most private because students aren't permitted to come in the hanger. I just hoped we weren't leaving the mansion.

     The group was sitting under the ship; it looked like Beast was working it. I smiled at them to seem oblivious.

     "Hello, Andi," Storm said. "Hello, Oscar."

     "Hi," Oscar waved. "I've never been down in here before."

     I could see Jean smiling. I pictured her being a mother and wondered why she hasn't had children. Maybe Scott doesn't want any.

    The Professor said, "We need to keep an eye on you, Andromeda."

    I sat down on the ground and nodded. "I know," I whispered.

    Oscar sat down next to me. "Did you get into trouble?"

    "She's not in trouble," Scott said. "But someone wants to cause trouble."

     Oscar looked up at him. "What do you mean?"

    "Somebody's after her," said the Professor. "I need you to keep an eye on her at night, okay?"

    Oscar nodded, looking at me. He took my hand. There was concern in his eyes, and I wanted to cry.

    "Andromeda, you can't leave the mansion without one of us. Claire," the Professor looked at her, "that means no shopping until we catch Magneto."

    Claire blushed and looked down at her feet. Jamie put his hand on her back, rubbing it gently with his fingers.

    Andre asked, "Do we gotta protect her?"

     The Professor nodded. "Yes, Andre."

     Andre clapped his hands. "Wooh! I've been wanting to do something fun."

     No one said anything for a moment, and Andre tensed up. I think he was embarrassed, but I couldn't tell.

     Logan cleared his throat. "We are going to have some of the older students guard the mansion since Magneto was fairly close to it last night."

    Oscar looked up at me. "Who's Magneto?" he whispered to me.

    I placed my index finger on my lips. I didn't want him to interrupt this.

     "And am I on lock down?" I asked, raising my brow. I felt like this was punishment, but I knew it was for my protection.

    The Professor looked at the other original X-Men. Jean leaned on her other foot and said, "Not exactly," she sighed. "You have an early curfew - six o'clock.You can be outside on the grounds if you'd like, but you must be inside by six. Somebody should also be with you."