Chapter XXII

Twenty-Two

X ~ Psych's Point of View ~ X

THE DAY OF the air show finally came, and we were prepared. I had pulled my hair into a tight bun and placed garters outside of my jeans and loaded them with various, sharp daggers. I wore a black jacket with a few weapons in its pockets. I was ready. I wanted to kill.

     Magneto had instructed us all to be in the plane by ten o'clock sharp. We were supposed to be "performing" at approximately 10:30. The normals - and maybe a few mutants who were also spectators - were really going to get a show. They shouldn't be disappointed.

     I stepped into the plane and buckled into my seat. The Phoenix was the last to get on the plane, a minute before Magneto wanted us on it.

     I put on my gloves as Mystique started to ascend the plane into the air. I looked out the window to see Sabertooth still watching the plane head off. He had been told to keep control of the grounds. We don't want anyone else ruining the show for us.

     As I looked at Sabertooth, he seemed tired. I couldn't see his face very well, but his back was arched more than usual. He'd been different from since he spoke to me. We'd spent a lot of time together. He's nice towards me.

     "Psych!" Toad hit my arm, and I turned away from the window.

     "Huh?" I felt a bit startled.

     "Stop looking at your boyfriend and listen to 'im!" Toad pointed at Magneto.

     I felt my cheeks grow warm, both from embarrassment and anger. "Sorry," I tried to act cool.

     Magneto looked rather annoyed and rolled his eyes. "As I was saying, I want things to be perfect. Toad, lick the people who are on the runway. Cover their faces in slime -"

     "It's mucous," muttered Toad.

     I personally didn't care what it was called; it was gross either way.

     "- and make sure the people on the grounds are scared. Then," Magneto turned to the Phoenix, "I want you to control the ones who are the emcees. Make them say what we want to say."

    The Phoenix nodded, smirking. Her eyes were pure black. She was definitely ready.

      "And as for you," Magneto turned to me, "do whatever you please. Whatever you think will kill them in the harshest way. Torture them. Give them what they deserve."

     I nodded, my lips curling into a smirk. "Of course."

      Uh, uh, uh, I heard Andi say. You couldn't hurt a fly.

     I clenched my jaw. I could hurt you. Now shut up.

     She laughed lightly. You're so scared, Psych. You know you can't control your powers once you start. Better make sure no one is around you. Better make sure Sabertooth isn't around. I know how you feel about him.

    I felt anger boiling inside of me. He's nice, I said simply.

     So is Logan. He's the one for us.

    I rolled my eyes. You mean the one for you. I won't let him try and save you.

    I could hear her laughing again. I don't need saving. Just wait.

     I groaned aloud, knowing she'd finally stopped talking.

      Toad looked at me. "Alright?"