Chapter XIV

Fourteen

"HOW LONG WAS I out?" was the first thing I said as soon as I regained consciousness.

     "A few hours," Logan answered quietly.

     I noticed that we weren't downstairs. We were in my room. I sat up and looked around. "Does Oscar know?"

     "The whole freakin' school knows, kid," Logan took my hand. "You and Jean really scared the students."

     I let go of his hand and rose from the bed. I started pacing the room. "Oh my gosh. I'm done. I nearly killed one of our own people."

    "But you didn't," Logan said.

     "But I almost did," I argued back. "The Professor is gonna kick me out, isn't he?"

     "No."

     I stopped pacing and looked at my boyfriend. He was lying on my bed, completely relaxed, but I knew he was tense.

     "You're staying here, Andi," Logan assured me.

     I dropped my knees and started crying. I was wailing like a two-year-old. I felt embarrassed for crying in front of him like this, but he's seen me cry before, and I can't control this. My body was breaking from the inside out. It hurt. My mind hurt. What I had done just a few hours ago hurt.

    Logan slid off the bed and crawled to me. He wrapped his arms around me, and I leaned my head on his chest, still bawling. He held me tight, but not too tight, which made me feel comforted. "Don't blame yourself, Andi," he whispered. "None of this was your fault."

    "Then why d-do I f-feel like all of th-this is?" I asked, starting to tremble. The lights began to flicker. They never did that when I was upset, only when I was furious.

    "You're getting all worked up over this, Andi." He kissed the top of my head. "Relax. You're okay. Jean will be okay. We have other things to worry about. Don't you think this whole alliance is a bit...off?"

    I sniffed, wiping away my tears. "Yes," I answered. "I don't like it at all, Logan."

    He shook his head in agreement. "I don't either. The war could end both normals and mutants."

     I didn't like the sound of that, honestly. "I don't like wars," I dug my face into his neck. "Even if one side wins, they're still poor."

    "Yeah."

    "Please don't make me the weapon," I started to cry again.

    "Oh, don't cry, honey," he said. He lifted my head up. "You're a lot better than this. I know you don't want to be the weapon. But I promise you, if you need me, I'll be there."

     I could feel the stinging of tears in my eyes. I continuously blinked them back, but they ended up coming out. "I need you," I whispered. I leaned back down on his chest.

     He stroked my hair and let me cry. "I'm right here," he'd continuously say.

(X)

By the time I was finished with my crying, and I was just letting Logan hold me, it was dark out and Oscar had come in. When he saw me in the wreck I was, he just went into the bathroom without a word. I could hear him crying in there, which broke me more, if that were even possible.

     "Andi," Logan whispered, "you need to lie down." He picked me up, this time as if I were a child. He lied me down on the bed, tucking me in.

    "Will you stay?" I asked.

    "What about Oscar?"

    "The bed can fit the three of us," I answered.